- 1 Paul's Security Weekly - Episode 441 - 6:00PM
- 2 Interview: Miron Livny and Barton Miller
- 3 Stories of the Week - 7:00PM-8:00PM
Paul's Security Weekly - Episode 441 - 6:00PM
Intro, Sponsors & Announcements
This week we interview Miron Livny and Barton Miller from SWAMP.
Broadcasting live from G Unit Studios in Rhode Island, the show where exploits run wild, packets aren’t the only things getting sniffed, systems aren't the only things getting penetrated, functions are the only things getting wrapped, bits aren't the only things getting banged and the cocktails flow steady its Paul’s Security Weekly!
- Brought to you by Black Hills Information Security, the leaders in penetration testing and active defense. Email email@example.com to request a quote today!
- And by Netsparker, the developers of the ONLY false positive free web application security scanners, enabling you to automatically identify vulnerabilities and security flaws in all your websites, web applications and web services. Netsparker scanners are available in two editions, Netsparker Desktop and Netsparker Cloud, the enterprise level online scanning service. For more information visit their website on https//www.netsparker.com/securityweekly/
- Looking for a career change? Tenable Network Security is hiring! Everything from programmers to researchers, check out all of the available positions at http://securityweekly.com/tenablejobs. If you are listening to this show, check out the following two positions, both technical and both are work from home: Nessus Vulnerability Research Engineer and C Software Engineer
- Brought to you by Pwnie Express - Check out the community edition and turn your Nexus 7 into a lean and mean pen testing machine. For all those hard to reach places, there's Pwnie Express, visit them on the web at http://pwnieexpress.com
Paul: Hello everyone and welcome to Paul's Security Weekly - Episode 441 for Thursday, November 12th 2015
- Use discount code "BLACKFRIDAY" and save 50% on all items in the store, including Hack Naked shirts and limited edition Security Weekly 10-year anniversary hoodies! Visit http://shop.securityweekly.com today!
Interview: Miron Livny and Barton Miller
Bio: Miron Livny
Miron Livny received a B.Sc. degree in Physics and Mathematics in 1975 from the Hebrew University and M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in Computer Science from the Weizmann Institute of Science in 1978 and 1984, respectively.
Bio: Barton Miller
Barton Miller is Chief Scientist of the Software Assurance Marketplace (SWAMP) research center. In addition to SWAMP, Miller is also a Professor of Computer Sciences at the University of Wisconsin, Madison.
More about SWAMP
By providing the software analysis tools needed to identify software weaknesses, SWAMP simultaneously alleviates the costs, maintenance and licensing burdens of tools, while also eliminating the need to learn numerous tool interfaces.
- Three words to describe yourself.
- If you were a serial killer, what would be your weapon of choice?
- If you wrote a book about yourself, what would the title be?
- In the popular game of ass grabby-grabby, do you prefer to go first or second?
- Choose two celebrities to be your parents.
Stories of the Week - 7:00PM-8:00PM
- This segment is sponsored by The SANS institute the most trusted source for computer security training, certification and research. visit www.sans.org to learn more
- And by Tenable Network Security, creators of Nessus, the world's best vulnerability scanner! Jumpstart your security program today and evaluate SecurityCenter CV, THE continuous monitoring solution. www.tenable.com
- And by Onapsis the leading provider of solutions to protect ERP systems from cyber-attacks. Customers can secure their SAP and Oracle business-critical platforms from espionage, sabotage and financial fraud risks. Visit them on the web at http://www.onapsis.com/
- Larry is teaching SEC617: Wireless Ethical Hacking, Penetration Testing, and Defenses at the Pen Test Hackfest Summit & Training in Alexandria, VA from Nov 16, 2015 through Nov 23, 2015. Be certain to check out Larry's SANS Instructor page for all upcoming course offerings.
- The Lingering Mess from Default Insecurity
- ISA100 / WirelessHART Sentinel To Detect Jamming?
- How a mobile app firm found the XcodeGhost in the machine
- Wireless jammers cast a dark shadow on IoT security
- Fake IT admin tricked Cox rep into handing over customer database
- Court Says Tracking Web Histories Can Violate Wiretap Act
- "Thanks for playing: New Linux ransomware decrypted
- "Solving Security: If You Want Something New
- Face-slapping alarm clock refuses to let you sleep in
- Exploit Writing and Mitigation Going Hand in Hand
- kickstarter for Torch Wireless Router --> a way to protect children? What security questions do we need to ask?
- Did the FBI Pay a University to Attack Tor Users?
- 70 Million Prisoner phone calls leaked - indication of violations of Attorney-Client privilege