- 1 Paul's Security Weekly - Episode 512
- 2 Announcements
- 3 Interview: Javvad Malik, AlienVault - 6:00PM-7:00PM
- 4 Tech Segment: Ferruh Mavituna, Netsparker - 7:00-7:30PM
- 5 Security News - 7:30-8:30PM
Paul's Security Weekly - Episode 512
Recorded on May 4, 2017
Interview: Javvad Malik, AlienVault - 6:00PM-7:00PM
Javvad Malik is a Security Advocate at AlienVault, a blogger event speaker and industry commentator who is possibly best known as one of the industry’s most prolific video bloggers with his signature fresh and light-hearted perspective on security that speak to both technical and non-technical audiences alike.
Prior to joining AlienVault, Javvad was a Senior Analyst at 451’s Enterprise Security Practice (ESP), providing in-depth, timely perspective on the state of enterprise security and emerging trends in addition to competitive research, new product and go-to-market positioning, investment due diligence and M&A strategy to technology vendors, private equity firms, venture capitalists and end users.
Tech Segment: Ferruh Mavituna, Netsparker - 7:00-7:30PM
Security News - 7:30-8:30PM
- Who is Publishing NSA and CIA Secrets, and Why?
- Breach at Sabre Corp.s Hospitality Unit
- Proposed NIST Password Guidelines Soften Length, Complexity Focus
- Researcher: Baseless Assumptions Exist About Intel AMT Vulnerability
- Hackers Are Remotely Controlling Industrial Robots Now
- Fuze flaw exposed private business meetings to eavesdroppers | ZDNet
- Dont trust OAuth: Why the Google Docs worm was so convincing
- A VPN Will Not Save You From Government Surveillance
- CIA Tracked Leakers With Hilariously Bad Web Beacon Trick
- US Federal Court Says Net Neutrality Is Legal
- GE fixes Smart Grid components, so that hackers can’t disconnect the grid
- Google Doc OAUTH Phishing
- Detecting Powershell with heat maps
- Cell SS7 flaws lead to draining of back accounts. ALL OF YOUR SMS IS PWNED!