Recorded on July 13, 2017
Interview: Joe Desimone, Endgame - Fileless Attacks - 6:00PM-7:00PM
Joe Desimone is a Malware Researcher at Endgame. He has over 5 years of experience in the information security industry, primarily tracking and countering APTs, reverse engineering malware, and developing novel techniques and tools to empower hunt teams. Joe holds a BS and MS in Computer Security from RIT.
Tech Segment: Hardening Software RNGs with Don Pezet, ITProTV - 7:00-7:30PM
Don Pezet has been working in the IT industry for over 18 years. In addition to working with the technologies, he has also been training others for over 12 years. He is a certified trainer with many vendors including Microsoft and Cisco. His combination of real-world experience, textbook knowledge, and a questionable sense of humor have helped him to entertain and educate thousands of people. He and his business partner Tim Broom founded ITProTV in 2013. ITProTV has been described as the Netflix of IT training, with over 2000 hours of original IT training content available online.
Security News - 7:30-8:30PM
- Amazons Prime Day Won Shopping on Tuesday
- Tomato-Plant Security
- Dial S for SQLi: Now skiddies can order web attacks via text message
- No big deal. You can defeat Kaspersky's ATM antivirus with a really fat executable
- Uber Patches Authentication Bypass Vulnerability
- Verizon Won't Be the Last to Leave Data Exposed in the Cloud
- Samba puts out new security update to address exploit that fueled WannaCry
- Attackers Using Automated Scans to Takeover WordPress Installs
- Scanner Shows EternalBlue Vulnerability Unpatched on Thousands of Machines
- News in brief: dark web sites attacked; radio station pwnd; Russian hacker jailed for nine years
- Russians told to log in to Pornhub using verified social media accounts
- Vulnerabilities Discovered In Windows Security Protocols
- Over 14 Million Verizon Customers' Data Exposed On Unprotected AWS Server
- Researcher Claims Samsung's Tizen OS is Poorly Programmed; Contains 27,000 Bugs!