- 1 Paul's Security Weekly #545
- 2 Announcements
- 3 Interview: Kevin Donovan, ObserveIT - 6:00PM-6:45PM
- 4 Tech Seg: John Strand, Black Hills Information Security - 6:45-7:45PM
- 5 Security News - 7:45PM-8:30PM
Paul's Security Weekly #545
Recorded January 25, 2018 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Check out our On-Demand material! Some of our previously recorded webcasts are now available On-Demand at: securityweekly.com/ondemand. Currently On-Demand we have webcasts with: Cybereason, Black Hills, Onapsis, Signal Sciences, and Stealthbits!
- Check out our friends at ItProTV for an awesome library of OnDemand training head on over to ITPro.TV/securityweekly!
- InfoSec World is March 19-21st of 2018. It is at Lake Buena Vista, Florida. Security Weekly subscribers can save 15% off the InfoSec World 2018 Main Conference or World Pass with the code OS18-SW!
Interview: Kevin Donovan, ObserveIT - 6:00PM-6:45PM
- How did you get your start in information security?
- With all of the protections available today, why is ransomware a threat to the enterprise? Or is it?
- What are the weaknesses ransomware preys upon?
- What is a tabletop exercise?
- Why are they so useful for ransomware?
- For practitioners listening, why should they love tabletop exercises and step away from the keyboard?
- How do you execute on the lessons learned in tabletop exercises?
Tech Seg: John Strand, Black Hills Information Security - 6:45-7:45PM
Title: Critical Security Control Resources
Critical Security Control Resources: Don't run! No, this will be cool. I promise.
In this tech segment we will go over a couple of resources from Audit Scripts that will automate the adherence and tracking of control objectives.
Security News - 7:45PM-8:30PM
- Beware of Cross (Angry?) RATS
- Intel Warns Don't install our patch!
- Norwegian Healthcare Data Breach
- What you need to know about hash length extension attacks