From Paul's Security Weekly
- 1 Paul's Security Weekly #546
- 2 Announcements
- 3 Interview: Mark Arnold & Will Gragido, InfoSecWorld Speakers - 6:00PM-6:45PM
- 4 Tech Seg: Want to test the MITRE Attack technique matrix? Look no further than Caldera - 6:45-7:45PM
- 5 Security News - 7:45PM-8:30PM
Paul's Security Weekly #546
Recorded February 1, 2018 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Check out our On-Demand material! Some of our previously recorded webcasts are now available On-Demand at: securityweekly.com/ondemand. Currently On-Demand we have webcasts with: Cybereason, Black Hills, Onapsis, Signal Sciences, and Stealthbits!
- Check out our friends at ItProTV for an awesome library of OnDemand training head on over to ITPro.TV/securityweekly!
- InfoSec World is March 19-21st of 2018. It is at Lake Buena Vista, Florida. Security Weekly subscribers can save 15% off the InfoSec World 2018 Main Conference or World Pass with the code OS18-SW!
Interview: Mark Arnold & Will Gragido, InfoSecWorld Speakers - 6:00PM-6:45PM
Will has worked with some of the industries most respected threat research organizations including the security practice at International Network Services (now BT INS), Internet Security Systems X-Force, McAfee, Damballa, Cassandra Security, HP TippingPoint DVLabs (now TrendMicro), and Digital Shadows. Most recently Will has returned to the world of product management taking on a strategic role with industry data protection luminaries, Digital Guardian.
Will is a sought after international speaker, author, and subject matter expert with years of experience working with the media. Recently, Will has appeared as a subject matter expert on ShowTime’s Darknet series discussing ransomware and has co-authored a number of papers and three books for Cybercrime and Espionage: An Analysis of Subversive Multi-Vector Threats (Syngress, 2011), Blackhatonomics: An Inside Look at The Economics of Cybercrime (Syngress, 2012), and Threat Forecasting: Leveraging BigData for Predicative Analysis (Syngress, 2016).
- How did you get your start in information security?
- With all of the protections available today, why is ransomware a threat to the enterprise? Or is it?
- What are the weaknesses ransomware preys upon?
- What is a tabletop exercise?
- Why are they so useful for ransomware?
- For practitioners listening, why should they love tabletop exercises and step away from the keyboard?
- How do you execute on the lessons learned in tabletop exercises?
Tech Seg: Want to test the MITRE Attack technique matrix? Look no further than Caldera - 6:45-7:45PM
This fantastic tool automates the checks for a large portion of MITREs awesome framework.
Security News - 7:45PM-8:30PM
- This smart vibrator can be "easily" hacked and remotely controlled by anyone
- CT, MRI machines face the greatest risk of cyberattack, researchers warn | ZDNet
- Threat or menace? Autosploit tool sparks fears of empowered script kiddies
- Bitcoin exchange robbed by real-life bank robbers with real-life guns
- Subway Elevators and Movie-Plot Threats
- Subway Elevators and Movie-Plot Threats
- Deepfakes AI celebrity porn channel shut down by Discord
- Multiple vulnerabilities in 7-Zip. Get it updated now!
- Millennials, careless with passwords, spur shift to biometrics study
- What is microsegmentation? How getting granular improves network security
- A real-life armed robbery of an online Bitcoin exchange
- California Senate defies FCC, approves net neutrality law
- NSA Exploit Use On Rise For Crypto Currency Mining
- Security Breaches Don't Affect Stock Price
- Dissecting the Latest Koobface Facebook Campaign
- Lies and More Lies
- First Jackpotting Attacks Hit U.S. ATMs
- Estimating the Cost of Internet Insecurity
- Releasing Autosploit: Threat or Menace?
- White House: Strava heat map is a "security risk" (Or is it?)
- IBMPCjr 0-day
- Cisco RCE - also this
- Time to update some TTPs
- Automated hash cracking with Hate_Crack
- SATAN of the future, aka dbautopwn? No, it's AutoSploit!
- Strava, but different. Sure, finding military bases are awesome, but also reveals so much more. Turn this to the personal stalky side too.