From Paul's Security Weekly
Paul's Security Weekly #551
Recorded March 15, 2018 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Check out our On-Demand material! Some of our previously recorded webcasts are now available On-Demand at: securityweekly.com/ondemand. Currently On-Demand we have webcasts with: Cybereason, Black Hills, Onapsis, Signal Sciences, and Stealthbits!
- Check out our friends at ItProTV for an awesome library of OnDemand training head on over to ITPro.TV/securityweekly!
- InfoSec World is March 19-21st of 2018. It is at Lake Buena Vista, Florida. Security Weekly subscribers can save 15% off the InfoSec World 2018 Main Conference or World Pass with the code OS18-SW!
Interview: Patrick Laverty, Rapid7 - 6:00-6:45PM
Security News - 6:45PM-7:45PM
- [remote MikroTik RouterOS < 6.38.4 (MIPSBE) - 'Chimay Red' Stack Clash Remote Code Execution]
- What John Oliver gets wrong about Bitcoin
- Memcrashed Memcached DDoS Exploit Tool
- Flash, Windows Users: Its Time to Patch
- Pwn2Own 2018 Hackers Earn $162K for Safari, Edge, VirtualBox Exploit
- Microsoft Starts Buying Speculative Execution Exploits
- Linus Torvalds slams CTS Labs over AMD vulnerability report
- Pre-Installed Malware Found On 5 Million Popular Android Phones
- Hyperbole Swirls Around AMD Processor Security Threat
- VMware Releases Security Updates
- Now we know why Siri was so dumb for so long
- Newly discovered router malware is a masterpiece
- This Is What Happens When Bitcoin Miners Take Over Your Town
Interview: Dick Wilkins, Phoenix Technologies - 7:45PM-8:30PM
Professor Wilkins travels extensively to Taiwan, Japan and around the USA to deliver presentations on Cyber Security of computing systems and consults with several multinational companies.
- What are some of the security implications for UEFI?
- Why do some people seemed to be freaked out about the security of UEFI?
- Isn't it a good thing to have a platform that can be easily updated?
- What is your experience with bootloaders on embedded systems?
- Why don't more embedded systems use UEFI?
- What is the UEFI forum?
- What are the goals of the UEFI forum?
- What are some of the really cool implementations of UEFI?
- What's next for UEFI?
- What would a replacement for UEFI look like in the future?