Paul's Security Weekly #553
Recorded March 29, 2018 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Go to itpro.tv/securityweekly and use the code Secweekly30 to try it FREE for 7 days, and receive 30% off your monthly membership for the lifetime of your active subscription.
- Check out our On-Demand material! Some of our previously recorded webcasts are now available On-Demand at: securityweekly.com/ondemand.
- Check out SOURCE Boston 2018 from May 9th - 10th! Go to sourceconference.com and register using the code SW75WMKW to get a $75 discount!
- Visit securityweekly.com/domaintools to register for our next webcast “Detecting Malicious Domains” hosted by myself and Keith Hoodlet. Tim Helming of DomainTools joins us to show you how to interpret each of the many data points related to a domain. @Wednesday, April 4th 3:00-4:00pm ET
Interview: Rob Cheyne, SourceBoston - 6:00PM-6:45PM
Tech Segment: Cutting The Cord: The Ideal Home Network Setup - 6:45-7:45PM
Nvidia Shield - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N1NT9Y6 ($179)
Silicon Dust HD HomeRun Connect - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GY0UB54 ($66)
Ubiquity AP UAP-AC-PRO-E Access Point - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079DSW6XX ($131)
Firewall - https://wiki.securityweekly.com/Episode471
Firewall Software - OpnSense (https://opnsense.org/)
Parental Control and Content Filtering - Circle by Disney: https://www.amazon.com/Circle-Disney-Parental-Controls-Connected/dp/B019RC1EI8 (Thank you Andrian Sanabria)
Other nice to have:
- Amazon Echo
- Philips Hue
- Google Home
Things to avoid:
- Samsung (fridge, vacuum and the awful app)
- Older Amazon FireTV sticks (too slow)
- Apple products (too limiting)
- MythTV - Too complicated to setup and maintain, resource hog
Security News - 7:45PM-8:30PM
- Apple macOS Bug Reveals Passwords for APFS Encrypted Volumes in Plaintext
- Cisco critical flaw: At least 8.5 million switches open to attack, so patch now | ZDNet
- Running Drupal? You need to patch, patch, patch right now!
- SAP HANA Pentesting. Part 1: Vulnerabilities history - Security Boulevard
- Dont Just Delete Facebook, Poison Your Data First
- Russian APT Compromised Cisco Router in Energy Sector Attacks
- Stay on top of the vulnerabilities you didn't know about | TechBeacon
- Windows 7 Meltdown patch opens worse vulnerability: Install March updates now | ZDNet
- One of the Biggest and Most Boring Cyberattacks Against an American City Yet
- Its not just elections: Russia hacked the US electric grid
- This tiny wearable knows what youve been eating, drinking, and smoking
- Atlanta Hit by Ransomware Attack Impacting Multiple Services
- TOTAL Meltdown for Windows 7.
- Boeing hit by Wannacry, could delay/cripple aircraft production
- Drupal releases High Critical vulnerability
- Hotlanta ransomware attacks, leaked NSA exploits