From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded December 6, 2018 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- If you are interested in quality over quantity and having meaningful conversations instead of just a badge scan, join us April 1-3, at Disney's Contemporary Resort for InfoSec World 2019 where you can connect and network with like-minded individuals in search of actionable information. Use the registration code OS19-SECWEEK for 15% off the Main Conference or World Pass.
- Go to https://go.stealthbits.com/2019trends to register for stealthBITS webcast "Emerging & Continuing Trends in 2019: Privacy Regulations, Active Directory Security & Machine Learning" for an in-depth discussion from Rod Simmons and Paul Asadoorian. You can also view their assessment at: https://www.stealthbits.com/assessment.
Interview: Lenny Zeltser, Minerva Labs - 6:00-7:00PM
Lenny helps shape global infosec practices by teaching incident response and malware defenses at SANS Institute and by sharing knowledge through writing, public speaking and community projects. He has earned the prestigious GIAC Security Expert professional designation and developed the Linux toolkit REMnux, which is used by malware analysts throughout the world. Lenny is on the Board of Directors of SANS Technology Institute.
Tech Segment: Marcello Salvati, BHIS - 7:00PM-7:30PM
Security News - 7:30 - 8:30PM
- Top 5 New Open Source Vulnerabilities in November 2018 - Security Boulevard
- 10 Steps to Recover from a Hacked Website - Security Boulevard
- Hashcat Advanced Password Recovery 5.1.0 Source Code Packet Storm
- This is how Docker containers can be exploited to mine for cryptocurrency | ZDNet
- A botnet of over 20,000 WordPress sites is attacking other WordPress sites | ZDNet
- Adobe Flash zero-day exploit... leveraging ActiveX embedded in Office Doc... BINGO!
- Trumps Cybersecurity Advisor Rudy Giuliani Thinks His Twitter Was Hacked Because Someone Took Advantage of His Typo
- Manipulated White House Video Exposes Real Risks to Enterprises
- Why Marriott Breach Includes Some Valuable IT Lessons
- Malicious Chrome extension which sloppily spied on academics believed to originate from North Korea
- Siemens Wants to Release Security Advisories on Patch Tuesday | SecurityWeek.Com
- Cyber security: Hackers step out of the shadows with bigger, bolder attacks | ZDNet
- Steps to strengthen Cybersecurity for Automobile Industry
- Someone Is Claiming to Sell a Mass Printer Hijacking Service
- Why hospitals are the next frontier of cybersecurity - Help Net Security