(15 Seconds of silence)
(Play FiT stinger)
(Record the Welcome Intro)
Theme Music, Episode 72 for June 14th, 2007
This episode is also sponsored by Core Security Technologies, helping you penetrate your network. They QA the exploits so you dont have to! Listen to this podcast and qualify to receive a 10% discount on Core Impact, worlds best penetration testing tool.
This podcast is also sponsored by Tenable network security. Tenable is a developer of enterprise vulnerability, compliance and log management software, but most notibly the creators of Nessus, the worlds best vulnerability scanner. Tenable Security Center software extends the power of Nessus through reporting, remediation workflow, IDS event correlation and much more. Tenable also offers a Direct Feed subscription for immediate access to new Nessus plugins, and compliance checks” Tenable – Unified Security Monitoring!
"Welcome to Security Weekly, Episode 72 for June 14th, 2007"
From the BRAND NEW PSW studios!
This is Security Weekly I am your host, Paul Asadoorian. "And I am your co-host Larry Pesce", as well as our new co-host, Andy! Oh yeah, who can forget Twitchy! Mr. Joe C., Vice-president and co-chair of filling slots had other commitments today. We miss you Joe!
- We have a deal with SANS! If you register for a SANS conference use http://securityweekly.com/sans/. It helps us buy more cool t-shirts and stickers to give to you!
- Listen to the question at the end of each show, then go to the Security Weekly blog and be the first to post the CORRECT answer to the comments section For THIS podcast recieve a free copy of any in-stock book on the Syngress web site!
- Core IMPACT update: *for new impact users only*
- NAISG is doing it's annual fundraiser in June, SECURANOIA 2007 (details at http://naisg.org/Events/Default.htm). Mike Rothman (Author of the Pragmatic CSO), F1 Boston, charity- it should be a good time.
- frappr map? http://www.frappr.com/securityweeklywierdness! I thougth we were /pdc, or psw. who is patty.richardson? pwn4ge?
- Larry is teaching some SANS Staysharp (STAR) courses this summer in N. Kingstown RI. Book both and save 10%!
Security 450: Defeating Rogue Access Points Wednesday, July 25, 2007 - 8:30am-11:30pm http://www.sans.org/staysharp/details.php?id=5041
Security 550: Google Hacking and Defense Wednesday, August 29, 2007 - 8:30am-11:30pm http://www.sans.org/staysharp/details.php?id=5346
- Join the IRC chatroom, fun had by all!
- Book! Go get the sample chapter and go ORDER at Amazon! Contest - first person to send us a picture of themselves to firstname.lastname@example.org with thier copy (eiter home or office copy :-) ) of Ultimate WRT54G Hacking can win a t-shirt, Beer mug, autographed copy of Network Security Hacks, and Using Wireshark Ethereal!
[SWEEPERS] Tech segments
Episode72 Show Notes
[Syngress Question of the Week]
What does the nmap option -sV do?
Core discount code impactbsg
- Frappr, iTunes comments, Cafepress, FiT Forums, IRC Channel
Thank you for listening, email@example.com, http://securityweekly.com Phone number Security Weekly Security Weekly, PO Box 860, Greenville RI, 02828