(15 Seconds of silence)
(Play FiT stinger)
(Record the Welcome Intro)
Theme Music, Episode 78 for July 27th, 2007
This episode is also sponsored by Core Security Technologies, helping you penetrate your network. They QA the exploits so you dont have to! Listen to this podcast and qualify to receive a 10% discount on Core Impact, worlds best penetration testing tool.
This podcast is also sponsored by Tenable network security. Tenable is a developer of enterprise vulnerability, compliance and log management software, but most notibly the creators of Nessus, the worlds best vulnerability scanner. Tenable Security Center software extends the power of Nessus through reporting, remediation workflow, IDS event correlation and much more. Tenable also offers a Direct Feed subscription for immediate access to new Nessus plugins, and compliance checks” Tenable – Unified Security Monitoring!
"Welcome to Security Weekly, Episode 78 for July 27th, 2007
This is Security Weekly I am your host Paul Asadoorian, and I am your co-host Larry Pesce.
We are here with Luiz Eduardo, Mu Security. Luiz is giving a talk at Defon, "The Hacker Society around the corporate world".
Anthony from Core Security Technologies will be joining us as well to talk about some of the new features in IMPACT v7.
- We have a deal with SANS! If you register for a SANS conference use http://securityweekly.com/sans/. It helps us buy more cool t-shirts and stickers to give to you!
- Listen to the question at the end of each show, then go to the Security Weekly blog and be the first to post the CORRECT answer to the comments section For THIS podcast recieve a free copy of any in-stock book on the Syngress web site!
- Larry is teaching some SANS Staysharp (STAR) courses this summer in N. Kingstown RI. Book both and save 10%!
- Security 450: Defeating Rogue Access Points Wednesday, July 25, 2007
- Security 550: Google Hacking and Defense Wednesday, August 29
- Book! We have a new contest! Send your pics to email@example.com of you with your book - (winners choice) WRT54GL or WRTSL54GS! Those with the PDF still qualify. Only bought the PDF? Put the cover on your screen, or print out the cover page and include it in your picture. Head to the wrt54ghacks.com blog for more information.
- Book signing at SANSFIRE in Washington DC on July 27 from 6-7PM in the SANS Bookstore. Tbhis is where we are recording this podcast...not a live event though.
- SANS Las Vegas, Sept 27th 5:30PM Podcast, Sept 28th SEC535 embedded device hacking taught by Paul, Septh 28th 5-midnight and Septh 29th 9-12 SANS hacking challenge hosted by Paul, interviews with larry!
- Check out the beer listing by episode in the wiki.
[SWEEPERS] Tech segments
[SWEEPERS] Listener Feedback and News
Episode78 Show Notes
[Syngress Question of the Week]
[Sensepost Word of the Week]
The Zulu are a brave and majestic warrior people from the East of the South Africa. Originally a disparate group of small tribes, the Zulu were welded together into a mighty kingdom by the infamous king Shaka. Shaka is also considered something of a military genius for his reforms and innovations, including his introduction of the short stabbing spear and his use of the the 'buffalo horns' attack formation to encircle and pin the enemy. Today the Zulu form South Africa's largest single ethnic groupCore discount code impactbsg
- Frappr, iTunes comments, Cafepress, FiT Forums, IRC Channel
Thank you for listening, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://securityweekly.com Phone number Security Weekly Security Weekly, PO Box 860, Greenville RI, 02828