From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded November 21, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Peter Liebert, Liebert Security - 6:00-6:30PM
The Next Generation of SOCs: DevSecOps, Automation and breaking the model
After working in and with SOCs for the majority of my career, as well as building one from the ground up for the State of California, there are some lessons learned that can be shared with the wider community. The first is how to leverage automation and devsecops methodologies in your SOC and the second is how to break out of the traditional Tier 1-3 model.
Interview: Dave Kennedy, TrustedSec - 6:30PM-7:00PM
Coalfire Incident and DerbyCon
Security News - 7:30-8:30PM
- Amazon tells senators it isn't to blame for Capital One breach
- DNS-over-HTTPS is coming to Windows 10
- A critical flaw in Jetpack exposes millions of WordPress sites
- Throwback Thursday: See if you can wriggle out of this one
- Disney Plus Blames Past Hacks for User Accounts Sold Online | SecurityWeek.Com
- Why Multifactor Authentication Is Now a Hacker Target
- California IoT security law: What it means and why it matters - Help Net Security
- D-Link Adds More Buggy Router Models to Wont Fix List
- If You Love Your Wi-Fi, Secure It - OpenDNS Umbrella Blog
- I 'Hacked' My Accounts Using My Mobile Number: Here's What I Learned
- Microsoft Will Bring DNS Over HTTPS (DoH) to Windows | SecurityWeek.Com
- Intel Patched 77 Vulnerabilities in November 2019 Platform Update
- How the Linux kernel balances the risks of public bug disclosure
- Hacking Python Applications
- 13 Security Pros Share Their Most Valuable Experiences
- Office 365 Admins Targeted in Ongoing Phishing Scam