From Security Weekly WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Recorded on October 1, 2019, @G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Topic: PCI: State of the Union
Security & Compliance News
- Important security notice about your DoorDash account
- How PCI DSS compliance milestones can be a GDPR measuring stick
- Companies vastly overestimating their GDPR readiness, only 28% achieving compliance - Help Net Security
- When Compliance Isn't Enough: A Case for Integrated Risk Management
- Chief Compliance Officers Need Real-Time Technology Just to Keep Up These Days
- New US ransomware bill passed
- The Final Countdown: The Final, Final Version of the CCPA (Until Next Year)
- PSD2 in 3 minutes - Banks lose their monopoly on customers
- Dutch privacy complaints rise drastically