- 1 Security and Compliance Weekly Episode #33 - June 30, 2020
- 2 1. Interview - PCI Workloads in the Cloud - 12:00 PM-12:30 PM
- 3 2. News - Cloud Security & Compliance News - 12:30 PM-01:00 PM
Security and Compliance Weekly Episode #33 - June 30, 2020
Subscribe to all of our shows and mailing list by visiting: https://securityweekly.com/subscribe
1. Interview - PCI Workloads in the Cloud - 12:00 PM-12:30 PM
- Join the Security Weekly Mailing List for webcast/virtual training announcements and to receive your personal invite to our Discord server by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list!
- In our first July webcast, you will learn how to stitch and enrich flow data for security with VIAVI Solutions! Register for our upcoming webcasts or virtual trainings by visiting securityweekly.com/webcasts. Or visit securityweekly.com/ondemand to view our previously recorded webcasts!
Taking a deeper look into moving PCI related resources into cloud platforms. Public cloud, private cloud, do's, don'ts and can'ts! We will explore key considerations and impacts to security compliance and responsibilities related to cloud.
Matt Springfield is Founder at 12Feet, Inc.
Matt Springfield is the founder of 12Feet, Inc. an information security consulting firm based in the Dallas area. Matt has more than 23 years of information security experience spanning operations, architecture and consulting with a focus on large scale retail and service provider environments. He has helped some of the world’s largest companies build and enhance their security programs and IT operations, managing consulting engagements in more than 20 different countries around the world.
Jeff Man - Sr. InfoSec Consultant at Online Business Systems Josh Marpet - COO at Red Lion Matt Alderman - CEO at Security Weekly Scott Lyons - CEO at Red Lion
2. News - Cloud Security & Compliance News - 12:30 PM-01:00 PM
- We are looking for high-quality guest suggestions for all of our podcasts to fill our Q3 recording schedule! Submit your suggestions for guests by visiting securityweekly.com/guests and completing the form! We review suggestions monthly and will reach out to you once reviewed!
- With all the recent changes to BlackHat and DefCon, we realized we can keep doing what we do best - host virtual podcasts! I’m proud to announce Hacker Summer Camp 2020, a Security Weekly Virtual, Live-Stream Event, August 3 - August 6, 2020. To reserve your slot now, visit: securityweekly.com/summercamp2020
Cloud Security for a Dynamic Environment, Why identity-based, distributed controls are better suited to address cloud-era threats, Top Cloud Security Challenges in 2020, Exposed Cloud Databases Attacked 18 Times Per Day, and more!
Jeff Man's Content:
- Cloud Security for a Dynamic Environment – A Checklist Timely, and who doesn't want another checklist?
- Data belonging to 1M students exposed by online study service OneClass Wait, you still have to securely configure things in the cloud?
- Why identity-based, distributed controls are better suited to address cloud-era threats Gartner finally makes a contribution to security - "Secure Access Service Edge, or SASE (pronounced “Sassy”)"
- Making the case for cloud-based security
- Top Cloud Security Challenges in 2020 Don't fear complexity??
Josh Marpet's Content:
- Cloud moves too fast!! Point-in-time is dead!
- The government shut off my internet!!! Censorship!! Maybe, but maybe just traffic.
- Making your life difficult. Multicloud decentralization! Oh lord. But it's awesome, right?