From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded on October 29, 2019, @G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020 and click the register button to register with our discount code!
- Attend RSA Conference 2020, February 24-28 and join thousands of security professionals, forward-thinking innovators and solution providers for five days of actionable learning, inspiring conversation and breakthrough ideas. Register before January 24 and save $900 on a Full Conference Pass. Save an extra $150 by going to securityweekly.com/rsac2020 and use our code to register!
- Our next webcast is February 13th with Sri Sundaralingam, Vice President, Product and Solutions Marketing at ExtraHop where we will discuss Cloud Native Network Detection and Response! Register for our upcoming webcasts by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Ronald S. Ross, NIST 12:00-1:00PM
- Project Leader, FISMA Implementation Project
- Project Leader, Joint Task Force Transformation Initiative
- FISMA Standards and Guidelines
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Risk Management Framework
- Software Assurance
- Security Architecture and Engineering
Tell us about your background? How did you end up at NIST? Where do you stand on the continuum of compliance and security? What is the difference between a standard and a framework? What does NIST produce?
What problem(s) do you see? What are you trying to solve?
Describe what you are doing to tackle the problems? What is NIST doing to tackle these problems? Why should anyone outside of government/government contracting pay attention to NIST?
Where do you see these programs going? What are keys to the success of implementing the various NIST standards and frameworks? How can we help? How can our listeners help or get involved?