Secure Digital Life #46
Recorded on December 26, 2017 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
2017: Wrap Up
- Most notable, the Equifax scandal.
Key point, identity theft in 2018 Avoiding the IRS scam Discussion of the more dangerous IRS fake tax filing scams
Credit Report Freeze Be ever watchful and aware of spear phishing scams in the new year
- Shadow Brokers, Wannacry, BadRabbit, etc.
Released all sorts of secret tools belonging to the NSA toolkit resulted in a massive increase in portable malware Ransomware as a result (viz. Wannacry)
Using good backups out of band Using anti malware (malwarebytes.com) Ensure your critical data is protected and restorable
- Voting machines
Well...not as big a risk as maybe everyone wants it to be Voting records though, huge exposure Not to mention yahoo.com email exposures
- Scada -- Electrical systems in the Ukraine being brought down etc.
- So the biggest threats of 2018:
- Doug: This is going to be the continued exposure of your personal data to the world and the danger of your key data being linked to less secure data.