- 1 Episode Audio
- 2 Hosts
- 3 Interview: Ronnie Feldman, Learnings & Entertainments
- 4 Startup Articles & Discussion
- 5 Startup & Security Notes of Interest
- 5.1 Symantec Acquired Skycure for an undisclosed amount
- 5.2 Symantec Acquired FireGlass for an undisclosed amount
- 5.3 ZeroFOX raised $40M in series
- 5.4 Deep Instinct raised $32M Series B
- 5.5 Flashpoint raised $28M Series C
- 5.6 Nok Nok Labs raised $8M Series D
- 5.7 RiskLens raised $5M in Series A
- 5.8 Entrupy raised $2.6M in Series A
- 5.9 DarkTrace raised $75M in Series D
- 5.10 HyTrust raised $36M in Series E
- 5.11 HyTrust acquired DataGravity for an undisclosed amount
- 6 The Startup Journey: Updates
Recorded on July 14, 2017
Interview: Ronnie Feldman, Learnings & Entertainments
Ronnie Feldman is the President & Creative Director of Learnings & Entertainments, a network of comedians musicians, and writers that builds creative content to improve employee engagement, communication and corporate education. L&E recently launched the L&E Privacy & Info Security Suites, which is a library of short, advertising-like "commercials" that help promote information security awareness more frequently and in short, interesting, positive ways. Ronnie has an improv comedy background and has spent the better part of the past 25 years playing in the entertainment and learning space, using creative approaches to make learning more fun and impactful.
Startup Articles & Discussion
- Five questions brands need to answer to be customer first in the digital age ==>
- 3 Essential (And 1 Surprising) Components Of A Successful Sales Strategy ==> knowing who isn’t a fit is more important than people realize
- What can B2B learn from B2C post-purchase frustrations? ==>
Startup & Security Notes of Interest
Symantec Acquired Skycure for an undisclosed amount
- Skycure is an enterprise mobile security software that predicts, identifies and protects the data against threats, vulnerabilities and malware attacks.
- $27.5M in funding over 3 rounds since 2012
Symantec Acquired FireGlass for an undisclosed amount
- Fireglass is a provider of agentless isolation solution that detects and eliminates ransomware, malware and other phishing threats in real-time.
- Looks like $20M in funding in 2016 (series A)
ZeroFOX raised $40M in series
- ‘’ZeroFOX is a provider of social media security, asset protection, threat intelligence and digital risk monitoring solutions for organizations.’’
Deep Instinct raised $32M Series B
- Deep Instinct develops an endpoint security software that detects and predicts threat behavior to block attacks.
- Record is incomplete, but this is a large series B raise (in a crowded space)
Flashpoint raised $28M Series C
- Flashpoint is a Business Risk Intelligence platform that enables enterprises to protect their data from spear phishing and credential theft.
- $43M in funding over 3 rounds since 2015
Nok Nok Labs raised $8M Series D
- Nok Nok is an online authentication platform for enterprises to secure internal and consumer-facing infrastructure, mobile and web-based applications.
- $55.8M in funding over 5 rounds since 2011; the rounds are getting smaller
RiskLens raised $5M in Series A
- RiskLens is a cyber security firm that specializes in providing risk management solutions for enterprises and government organizations.
- $6.6M in 3 rounds since 2014 - including 2 equity rounds
Entrupy raised $2.6M in Series A
• Entrupy, a New York-based provider of high-end luxury goods authentication SaaS, has raised $2.6 million in Series A funding led by a joint venture between Digital Garage and Daiwa Securities Group. www.entrupy.com
DarkTrace raised $75M in Series D
- ‘’Darktrace is a provider of cloud-based cyber security solutions for the healthcare, government, transportation, defence and telecommunication sector.’’
- $179.5M since 2013 (but might not be complete) - big funding rounds
- From Adam Lashinksi @ Fortune: “Missed it by that much. Darktrace, a hot cybersecurity startup that touts using artificial intelligence, this week almost became the next $1 billion "unicorn" startup, but not quite. The company, which uses machine learning technology and analyzes patterns of network traffic to track threats lurking on corporate networks, was privately valued at $825 million after raising a new round of funding worth $75 million.”
HyTrust raised $36M in Series E
- HyTrust provides hybrid cloud infrastructure virtualization, security, compliance, encryption and access control solutions.
- $116M in funding in ~ 6 rounds
HyTrust acquired DataGravity for an undisclosed amount
- DataGravity raised $92M (at least) since 2012 (at least)
The Startup Journey: Updates
- Using personal and life experience to refine the Straight Talk Framework
- Actively seeking engagements
- 1-2 openings to explore longer-term working arrangements
- Exploit attacker playbooks to improve security ==> Rick Howard lines up a Security Slap Shot on improving security by going after attacker playbooks