- 1 Startup Security Weekly #50
- 2 Black Hat Recap with Matt Alderman
- 3 Startup Articles & Discussion
- 4 Startup & Security Notes of Interest
- 5 The Startup Journey: Updates
Startup Security Weekly #50
Recorded August 11, 2017 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
Black Hat Recap with Matt Alderman
Matt and Paul review the security startups and companies that caught their attention at the recent Black Hat conference in Las Vegas!
- Skyport Systems
Startup Articles & Discussion
- Increasing Sales By Evaluating Your Marketing Strategy
- Build a business you’d never want to sell
- 10 Ways to Preserve Cash as a Bootstrapped Startup
- One door at a time
- 5 VCs Share The Worst Ways Founders Botch Their Pitches
Startup & Security Notes of Interest
VCs love insurance, even if you don’t
- ‘So far this year, insurance-focused startups (excluding the Asian continent*) have raised more than $700 million, almost as much as they raised in all of 2016’
- ‘Much of the funding boom comes from big insurers themselves, who are backing and leading more rounds for insurance startups, as well as companies in related areas like financial services.’
- ‘In small allocations, however, venture can actually be a strategy for reducing risk, as it allows large, entrenched players to track and take stakes in the upstart ventures that could reshape their industries.’
- Cyber plays a huge role here as insurance companies are searching for new areas, new revenue potential, new growth
Opportunity — Brain Alchemy Course for free
Hi [Insert your Friend's Name],
I don't know if you've ever heard of Psychotactics.com. I've enjoyed their website and have found it to have very useful information for business. And it's pretty zany too.
They're giving away a free workshop (it's online, so you just have to download the information) and they asked if I could give it to a friend. I thought of you immediately, and that's why I'm sending it across.
Check it out and judge for yourself.
Here's the link: https://www.psychotactics.com/bam
[Insert Your Name]
P.S. I read somewhere on the page that there's a deadline for this free offer, so have a look and decide.
- Brain Audit is one of my top 5 business books
- This course is excellent, and something I recommend to my coaching and consulting clients - and now you
- If you check it out — and you should — let Sean know Michael sent you
OpenText acquired Guidance Software for $240M
- ‘Guidance Software is a developer and provider of digital investigations and endpoint data security solutions for retail and financial institutions.’
- $7.50 per share
- ‘Datablink is a provider of authentication and transaction signing solutions for banks and enterprises.’
- Can’t find funding information for datablink