Startup Security Weekly #51
Recorded August 18, 2017 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
Interview: Tarah Wheeler, Symantec
Tarah Wheeler is Senior Director of Engineering and Principal Security Advocate at Symantec Website Security. She is the lead author of the 2016 best selling Women In Tech: Take Your Career to The Next Level With Practical Advice And Inspiring Stories. She founded and now sits on the board of Fizzmint, an end-to-end employee management company. She has led projects at Microsoft Game Studios (Halo and Lips) and architected systems at encrypted mobile communications firm Silent Circle.She founded Red Queen Technologies, LLC (web development), Infosec Unlocked (initiative to add diversity in infosec conference speakers), the Women In Tech Council (to increase women’s participation in tech conference speaking), and Hack The People Foundation (nonprofit mentorship initiative focused on underprivileged people in technology). She acquired her startup funds by cleaning out poker rooms in the Northwest and Las Vegas.
Startup Articles & Discussion
- The Quickest Way To Estimate How Much Your Startup Needs To Raise
- 6 Steps to Surviving 3 Years
- This CEO’s One-Page List For Keeping His Priorities Straight
- Why You Should Document Your Failures
- This Is The Contract My Wife And I Wrote To Protect Our Work-Life Balance
Startup & Security Notes of Interest
Dragos raises $10M in Series A
- Dragos is an industrial cyber security firm that provides workflow automation, asset discovery, threat detection and visualization solutions.
- $11.2M in 2 rounds since Sept 2016
Zingbox raised $22M in Series B
- ZingBox is an Internet of Things security solutions provider that protects enterprises from cyber and insider threats.
- Funding information is incomplete - this is all we have on record
- Of interest - IoT security
- Of note - “Dell Technologies Capital, the investment arm of Dell Technologies, is the lead investor in a $22M funding round for Zingbox, a developer of Internet-of-Things (IoT) security software.” from here: https://www.texastechpulse.com/dell_technologies_backs_zingbox/s-0071640.html