- 1 Startup Security Weekly #54
- 2 Interview: Gary Golomb, Awake Security
- 3 Startup Articles & Discussion
- 4 Startup & Security Notes of Interest
- 5 Journey Updates
Startup Security Weekly #54
Recorded September 8, 2017 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
Interview: Gary Golomb, Awake Security
Gary has nearly two decades of experience in threat analysis and has led investigations and containment efforts in a number of notable cases. With this experience – and a track record of researching and teaching state-of-the art detection and response methodologies – Gary is focused on helping Awake improve security craft as the company’s Chief SOC Whisperer. Prior to Awake, Gary was one of the first employees at Cylance. He was also a co-founder of Proventsure, which was acquired by Netwitness and ultimately by RSA. He served in the United States Marines 2nd Force Reconnaissance Company.
Startup Articles & Discussion
- How To Change A Prospect's Mind When They Tell You 'I'm Good' ==>
- What Do Boards Actually Do? ==>
- People Are The Price of Admission ==>
- Has SaaS Become Commodified? ==> Take note of the ‘so what?’ conclusion; we’ll discuss
- MVP Paradox And Here’s How To Fix Your MVP Before Its Too Late! ==>
Startup & Security Notes of Interest
The most active cybersecurity investors [interactive graphic]
ForgeRock raised $88M in Series D
- ForgeRock develops a digital identity management platform that allows organizations to share and manage data from web, cloud and IoT sources.
- $140.1M raised over four rounds (no seed listed) since 2012
- Cloud revived identity. Made it top of mind again. And more complex. Lots going on here. And lots of names I didn’t see on this list.
Michael's Straight Talk Journey
- Launching a coaching and advisory program for a limited number of security leaders
- One-day workshop on identifying and crafting your value proposition launched - for enterprise and startups; initially designed as a team retreat
- Keynoting a conference on security leadership in October - more details soon
- *We need to stop dehumanizing security before it’s too late ==> Gary contributed a Security Slap Shot this week…
And some changes coming to my professional columns, website, and the like. Stay tuned for some exciting updates.