- 1 Startup Security Weekly #62
- 2 Topic: Roi Abutbul, Javelin Networks
- 3 Startup Articles & Discussion
- 4 Startup & Security Notes of Interest
Startup Security Weekly #62
Recorded November 10, 2017 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
Topic: Roi Abutbul, Javelin Networks
Roi Abutbul is the Co-founder and CEO of Javelin Networks. Javelin Networks is leveraging security expertise and has proven entrepreneurship to build an early stage startup that is redefining network security. Targeted Attacks are based on one thing - the attackers knowledge of the Enterprise’s internal network topology.
While it's nearly impossible to prevent them from gaining access to that knowledge, at Javelin we've taken a different approach - We simply take that knowledge away from attackers by masking the entire real topology. This is Javelin's Infinite Deception System; the moment attackers act on the masked topology they are caught red handed and you get an infallible alert in real time before any damage is done. No matter how big your Enterprise is, there's no IT or business impact.
Startup Articles & Discussion
- 3 Reasons Why a Side Hustle Can Make a Huge Impact in Your Career
- Actually, We Don’t Need More Empathy
- You Are not the User: The False-Consensus Effect
- When Are Consumers Most Likely to Feel Overwhelmed by Their Options?
- Three Myths About Successful Founders That Just Won’t Die
Startup & Security Notes of Interest
What Happens When You Sell Your Startup?
- Common mistake for entrepreneurs to avoid thinking about the exit
- “participating preferred shareholders are entitled to receive their initial investment, plus a pro rata share of the remaining capital in a liquidation event.”
Zscalers files IPO (confidentially)
- Considered a unicorn valued at $1B or more
- Rumored to IPO by year-end
Crowdstrike raised $25M in Series D (continued)
- Looks like part of the larger $100M series D from May
- Raised $265.3M over 5 rounds since 2011
MetricStream raised $65M in Equity
- Looks like over $250M in multiple rounds since 2006
- Revenue consensus is ~ $40M
- MetricStream develops a software that provides governance, risk, compliance and quality management solutions for businesses.
Skybox takes $150M in Equity
- Skybox Security provides cybersecurity management solutions for financial services, retail and healthcare industries.
- $286.2M in funding over 10 rounds - lots of equity rounds - since 2002
Proofpoint acquires Cloudmark for $110M
- Cloudmark raised $38.5M over 3 rounds (between 2003 - 2010)
- Revenue consensus was $20M (take with grain of salt)