From Paul's Security Weekly
- 1 Startup Security Weekly #68
- 2 Interview: Bam Azizi, NoPassword
- 3 Article Discussion on Leadership, Innovation, and Startup Success
- 4 Startup & Security News You Need to Know
Startup Security Weekly #68
Recorded January 5, 2018 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Go to itpro.tv/startupsecurity and use the code SS30 to try it FREE for 7 days, and receive 30% off your monthly memebership for the lifetime of your active subscription. To learn more about ITPROTV's team solution, sign up for a free demo of their supervisor portal.
Interview: Bam Azizi, NoPassword
Bam has more than ten years of experience in designing and building complex software driven products. As a computer scientist with a deep knowledge and experience in cyber security, cryptography, and machine learning, Bam designed the architecture and backbone of a complex software driven system that provides a highly available modern authentication service to enterprises - NoPassword.
Bam worked closely with his development team, partners and customers to build the next generation of Identity and Access Management solution. Bam and his team continue to work on the biggest challenge in cyber security industry which is replacing traditional password-based authentication. NoPassword, replaces passwords with human factors like biometrics, which prevents 85% of today’s cyber-attacks.
Article Discussion on Leadership, Innovation, and Startup Success
Managers Must Be Insane To Brainstorm In Groups
- Turns out the concept of brainstorming as a group consistently produces fewer ideas of lesser quality
- Production Blocking (you can process faster alone)
- Evaluation Apprehension
- Free riding
How a Fast-Growing Startup Built Its Sales Team for Long-Term Success
- Interesting blend between short-term needs and long-term success
- Recruiting (not just for sales) is essential - who are you targeting, and what is your investment?
- Interviewing and hiring - why sometimes picking at random is a better option and the real keys of communication and process
- Training and development
The Real Reasons Companies Are So Focused on the Short Term
- Explore how this plays out for security leaders — and how we can influence change in organizations beyond pleading and incentives
- Beware the hidden costs of outside leadership and embrace the value of domain leadership
- Options instead of decentralizing
- Research over development (early stage technology plays)
How to Break Bad Business Habits
- What bad practices exist without understanding?
- Note the bit about admiring the problem?
- Reverse benchmarking
- Change for the sake of change
More than a feeling: Ten design practices to deliver business value
- Design is more than a department (or function)
- Design is more than a phase
- Rely on evidence
Startup & Security News You Need to Know
Barracuda Networks acquired PhishLine for undisclosed amount
- I can’t find any funding data - which might be why the sum is undisclosed