Featured Interview/Opening Discussion
Adam Bixler is the Cofounder and Chief Ops Officer for Efflux Systems.
Offering a security operations solution that detects lateral movement and attacker tradecraft. Adam’s experience spans diverse projects in strategic, operational, and tactical level planning for protection of Defense Department networks. Leveraging his military experience to help private enterprises, he’s led consulting teams evaluating enterprise-level cybersecurity programs by providing assessment frameworks and adversary perspectives based on DoD methods. Following an outstanding career leading a variety of cybersecurity initiatives, Adam gravitated toward the realm of tech entrepreneurship. Soon after, he took a bold leap and co-founded Morta Security, which was acquired by Palo Alto Networks in 2014. Adam holds a Bachelor of Science from the University of Pittsburgh with a concentration in Information and Computer Science.
- What is unique about running a security startup?
- How about moving from a services/consulting company to a product company?
- What are some unique things investors are interested in when talking to security startups?
- Where are the best opportunities in the market for security startups?
- What advice do you have for those who may have an idea and want to create a security startup?
- What are some of the most exciting security startups in the industry right now and why?
- What advice do you have for enterprises looking at solution and considering (or not) a solution for a security startup?
- The 3 Most Abstract Tips to Help Your Startup Succeed
- Top 5 Best Presentation Apps Your Startup Needs --> I don't agree. Stick with the basics. Don't waste time on fancy stuff. ALIGN INTERNALLY ON YOUR VALUE. COMMUNICATE YOUR VALUE
- How Boards Can Assess the Health of Their Companies --> read this to explore how you can work with your board better; this is broader than startups (EMBRACE THE STARTUP MINDSET)
- Understanding the Consumer Decision Making Process --> these basics apply in any situation
- Giphy Company Profile | Owler
- Countertack Company Profile | Owler
- Simplifide Company Profile | Owler
- Acalvio Company Profile | Owler
- 3 Non-expensive Ways to Make Your Small Business Feel Big | Huffington Post
- Startups are moving to Chattanooga because of its city-owned gigabit network - Technical.ly
- Why Your Startups Marketing Strategy May Already Be Doomed
- 20 Common mistakes first-time entrepreneurs make - KnowStartup
- How leather bag startup Linjer hit $1 million in sales in 14 months
- The 22 most active celebrity startup investors
- What You Really Need to Know Before Joining a Startup
- Revealed: The Top 5 Strategies Startups Must Follow To Tighten Up Their Data Security
- The Top 10 Branding Mistakes Entrepreneurs Make