Featured Interview/Opening Discussion
Paul's out this week. Michael is joined by Joshua Marpet and Scott Lyons - as cohost/guests. We're going to talk about their experience building and supporting security startups. We'll also explore some additional things they are working on related to startups.
Scott Lyons is the V.P. of Business Development for WarCollar Industries
- Graduate of the school of hard business knocks
- Has worked all over the IT industry, from client-side to fulfilling client needs in both commercial and federal sectors
- Has the work ethic of an OX
Joshua Marpet, Guarded Risk
- Joshua Marpet is a well known Security Researcher and speaker. With experience gained from many positions in industries ranging from the Federal Reserve System and law enforcement to cosmetics companies and blacksmithing, Josh has been around the block more than once.
- What is unique about running a security startup?
- How about moving from a services/consulting company to a product company?
- What are some unique things investors are interested in when talking to security startups?
- Where are the best opportunities in the market for security startups?
- What advice do you have for those who may have an idea and want to create a security startup?
- What are some of the most exciting security startups in the industry right now and why?
- What advice do you have for enterprises looking at solution and considering (or not) a solution for a security startup?
- BC Partners, Medina Capital Announce Definitive Agreement To Acquire Cryptzone
- Owler's Cryptzone Profile
- Illumio releases new templates that offer better security
- The tech manager’s challenge: How to stay steeped in tech while focusing on leadership?
- Why the top entrepreneurs are seeking corporate venture money
- Our Unique Path to Raising $2M Seed in the Midwest
- Verizon Moves In on WeWork Territory