- 1 Episode Audio
- 2 Opening Discussion
- 3 Interview: Chad Boeckmann, Secure Digital Solutions
- 4 Startup Stories
- 5 Companies of Interest
- 6 The Startup Journey: Updates
This week on Startup Security Weekly Paul and Michael interview Chad Boeckmann from Secure Digital Solutions.
- Don't forget to take our Listener Feedback Survey at https://www.securityweekly.com/survey to let us know how we can improve our content to make your podcast listening experience more enjoyable!
Interview: Chad Boeckmann, Secure Digital Solutions
Chad Boeckmann has over 17 years of information security and regulatory compliance experience. He founded Secure Digital Solutions (SDS) in 2005 with a vision to provide clients vendor neutral information security services aligned with business goals and objectives. Chad has pioneered SDS’s Maturity Assessment, Profile, and Plan model, a methodology that unites IT leaders, executives, and boards around common cyber risk strategies. Chad took the next step to lead development of TrustMAPP, a groundbreaking SaaS that automates information security program performance management and security program roadmap building.
- What is unique about running a security startup?
- How about moving from a services/consulting company to a product company?
- What are some unique things investors are interested in when talking to security startups?
- Where are the best opportunities in the market for security startups?
- What advice do you have for those who may have an idea and want to create a security startup?
- What are some of the most exciting security startups in the industry right now and why?
- What advice do you have for enterprises looking at solution and considering (or not) a solution for a security startup?
- The Surprising Fact About Successful Startup Founders: They’re Older Than You Think ==> It’s never too late.
- Why is Johnson & Johnson getting into startups? ==> Cynical subheading. Expect more of this for a lot of reasons. Paul and I will discuss.
- Many Boom-Time Startups Are Fizzling Out ==> This came up in a briefing, and is a good fit for an upcoming show
- Why Pepsi Held An Internal Marketing Shark Tank Contest For $1 Million In Funding ==> I’d like to see more of these, too. Maybe it’s a service Paul and I can offer :)
- 5 Business Warning Signs Signal Integrity Slippage ==> Integrity is everything. It matters for security. It matters for Startups. It matters for Security Startups.
- What I Look for in Candidates Interviewing at My Startup ==> solid advice for hiring. Equally useful for prepping for an interview.
Companies of Interest
Wallarm | wallarm.com
- Wallarm designs, develops, builds and operates as a security tool to protect web based applications from cyber attacks.
- $2.3M round (Seed $500k Nov 2013… 3 years later, A of $2.3M)
- Y combinator
- Partech ventures
Delve Labs | delve-labs.com
- Delve Labs is a developer and builder of artificial intelligence based smart vulnerability assessment software for IT *infrastructure applications.
- $1.5M Seed Round
The Startup Journey: Updates
Michael's Straight Talk Framework
What I published this week
- Are you using frameworks properly?
- When your threat intelligence just isn’t producing value you need to pivot