Security Weekly News Episode #43 - June 16, 2020
Subscribe to all of our shows and mailing list by visiting: https://securityweekly.com/subscribe
1. News - T-Mobile Outage, DARPA Bug Bounties, & Bob Erdman - 02:00 PM-02:30 PM
This week, Cute robot dogs available for sale, Tmobile was down all day, lightbulbs can be bugged, DARPA bug bounties, Ebay is going to get ya, and Bob Erdman from Core Security talks about Ransomware!
To learn more about Core Security, visit: https://securityweekly.com/coresecurity
Bob Erdman is Sr. Manager, Product Management at Core Security, a HelpSystems Company
Bob Erdman is Head of Product Management for Core Security’s Cyber Threat Solutions (CTS). With more than 25 years of experience in information technology, he has worked with global customers across the government, healthcare, financial, and military industries to help implement mission-critical technology. Bob is also a veteran of the United States Army National Guard and a current member of the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation’s InfraGard Cyber Health Working Group.
Doug White's Content:
- Tmobile experiences an outage for most of Monday.
- University of Negev uses a lightbulb to snoop from a distance.
- DARPA, FETT bug bounty program is a first for DARPA.
- TRECK TCP/IP and the Ripple 20 vulnerabilities in IoT.
- Norway suspends use of contact tracing app due to privacy concerns.
- EBAY senior cyber team conducts cyberstalking campaign against couple in Natick, MA for bad reviews.
- Cyber Dog now available for sale, but no evil, ok.