From Security Weekly WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Recorded January 31, 2020 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
Security Weekly News -- Week of 31 -- January -- 2020
- Coronavirus cancels DEFCON!
- State Department China Advisory
- Cruise ship passengers quarantined in Italy
- Avast suddenly stops selling your data to third parties and shutters Jumpshot
- How to shut off Avast data collection
- Cyberinsurance rates rise due to increased ransoms being paid in Q4 2019
- Technical Report of Bezo's phone hack was acquired and released
- Apple's state of the art security actually enabled the Bezo's phone hack?
- Charges against Coalfire Red Team dropped in Dallas County Courthouse case.
- A critical patch for opensmtpd is released to stop a Morris like worm.
- Cisco launches an IoT and operational technology architecture
- The UK proposes stricter controls on the IoT you are buying.
- GE Healthcare devices have security flaws that allow Remote access, et. al.
- Board members of 20 major organizations, in a study, realized that cybersecurity risk was an existential threat.
- Chipotle and Target CISOs talk about repurposing employees into Cybersecurity roles.
- Tecmo Bowl, an ancient video game is reborn as an 8$ kitsch just prior to the Super Bowl.