= Episode Media =
= Announcements & Shameless Plugs =
PaulDotCom Security Weekly - Episode 333 for Thursday May 30th, 2013
* Register at Blackhat USA Las Vegas! [https://www.blackhat.com/us-13/training/offensive-countermeasures-the-art-of-active-defenses.html Offensive Countermeasures: The Art Of Active Defense] July 27-28 & 29-30, register before May 31 for the best price!
* We are looking for sponsors for monthly webcasts in conjunction with SANS - contact paul -at- hacknaked.tv for details!
* Come to [http://www.securitybsides.com/w/page/61966594/BSidesRI Security BSides Rhode Island Two-Day Conference] on June 14th and 15th tickets are NOW ON SALE at [https://www.wepay.com/events/141697 WePay.com]. Featured presentations from Josh Wright , Kevin Finisterre, Kati Rodzon and Mike Murray, Bruce Potter, Joe McCray,Ron Gula, Ben Jackson, Dave Maynor and the entire
* Planning for the 11th Annual Louisville Metro InfoSec Conference is now underway - the event will be Thursday October 3rd, 2013 in Shepherdsville KY just south of Louisville. We are looking for technical and business speakers from the infosec world - as well as sponsorships - which run from $500 - $5000 for a keynote sponsorship. Between 400-500 attendees will spend the day learning from world-class speakers, rubbing elbows with the regions security professionals, and having lots of fun! Visit the site at louisvilleinfosec.com.
= Interview: Gunnar Peterson=
Gunnar Peterson does security consulting, training and research on Identity and Access Management, Cloud, Mobile and software security. He is a Microsoft MVP for Application security, an IANS Research Faculty member, and a Securosis Contributing Analyst. He maintains a popular information security blog at http://1raindrop.typepad.com.
The word "trust" seems to be misused and misunderstood in security- can you share your thoughts on "trust" and the dangers of the concept as we use it in security?
= Tech Segment: Chris Truncer on Veil=
Chris Truncer is a Penetration Tester at Veris Group where he performs a variety of assessments for Federal and commercial customers. Currently Chris is supporting DHS and their development of a operational Penetration Testing team to support civilian government agencies. He currently helps to develop the overall program while also leading pen testing teams for other customers. His specialties include wireless network assessments and network level penetration testing. Recently, Chris became interested AV evasion methods, which led to the development of Veil.
== Announcement ==
* We are in the process of archiving and cataloging our technical segments, please visit the [http://
pauldotcom.com/wiki/index.php/TechSegments PaulDotCom Technical Library] and we indexed all of the [http:// pauldotcom.com/wiki/index.php/Interviews interviews we have conducted]. Also, please follow us on Google+ [https://plus.google.com/communities/104303121236769636115 The PaulDotCom Google+ Community], [https://plus.google.com/106764787434811009569/posts The PaulDotCom Google+ Page] and [https://plus.google.com/108998557249071696489/posts Paul's Google+ Page].
* [http://www.sans.org/instructors/lawrence-pesce Larry teaching SANS SEC617] all over and coming to a city near you in 2013. It isn't too Late to sign up for my class in San Diego this May! (actually, it is, so sign up for SANSFIRE next month and NS2013 in Vegas!)
= Stories =
== Paul's Stories ==
== Allison's Stories ==