Security Weekly News Episode #60 - August 28, 2020
Subscribe to all of our shows and mailing list by visiting: https://securityweekly.com/subscribe
1. Zoom Outages, MITRE Shield Matrix, & 'SourMint' - Wrap Up - 12:00 PM-12:30 PM
This week, Dr. Doug talks MITRE, COBALT, SNYK, CISOs behaving badly at Uber, Zoom says it's all better now, and Amazon AI wants you to send nudes for criticism, and all the show wrap ups from this past week!
Doug White's Content:
- Former Uber CSO charged over breach cover-up.
- DoJ plans to seize cryptocurrency accounts used by North Korea and China.
- Russsian National charged for trying to recruit employees to plant malware in their employer's network.
- Patient records exploded due to hardcoded GitHub credentials.
- Zoom claims they have fixed the issues that caused outages on Monday.
- Snyk found malicious behavior in a widely used Ad SDK in the AppStore.
- COBALT.io secures 29 Million in Series B funding for Pentesting Platform.
- Chinese Tax Software not only has backdoor trojans, they are sneaky backdoor trojans in a new warning from CISA.
- MITRE releases new Active Defense Matrix, the Shield.
- Amazon has a new health wearable, it told me I was fat and condescending.