Application Security Weekly Episode 104 - 2020-04-20
- Going cloudnative? See how to integrate application security in our next webcast with Signal Sciences! Learn how penetration testing reduces risk in our May webcast with Core Security (a Help Systems Company). Register for our upcoming webcasts or virtual trainings by visiting securityweekly.com/webcasts. You can also access our on-demand library of previously recorded webcasts/trainings by visiting securityweekly.com/ondemand. Each webcast will earn you 1 CPE credit that we will submit on your behalf if you provide your ISC2 number.
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to BACK to our original platform! We have our categories nailed down and you are now able to customize what you receive from us based on your preferences by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! Once you have joined, you will also be able to go back and update your "interests" so that we can grow with you as you progress through your journey in InfoSec!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - June 22nd-24th now at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- We are looking for high-quality guest suggestions for our Enterprise Security Weekly podcast to fill our upcoming recording schedule! We're committed to educating and providing entertainment for the InfoSec community and we would love to hear from you about who you would like us to interview on the show! Submit your suggestions for guests by visiting securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We review suggestions monthly and will reach out to you once reviewed!
Interview: Building an AppSec Ecosystem - 6:00-6:45PM
|Rebecca Deck is a Staff Application Security Engineer at Avalara. She determines application security tools and strategy and (hopefully) gets to perform application security testing. She has more than 20 years of experience in IT that includes QA, software development, engineering, incident response, and consulting. She's currently quarantined with her wife and kids living the dream of working and home schooling.|
News - Malicious Ruby Gems & JSON Web Token Bypass
John Kinsella's Content:
Matt Alderman's Content:
Mike Shema's Content:
- JSON Web Token Validation Bypass in Auth0 Authentication API because JWT is jam-packed with traps for DevOps teams, which is why you might be interested in paseto.io.
- Mining for malicious Ruby gems makes a dash to profit from DevOps mistakes and underscores the need for software composition analysis.
- A Brief History of a Rootable Docker Image highlights the risk of running insecure software and the danger of trust in image repositories.
- Privacy In The Time Of COVID touches on threat modeling, appsec, and privacy by design that can seed educational discussions with DevOps teams.
- Threat modeling explained: A process for anticipating cyber attacks and an overview of different approaches that ultimately boils down to "What are we building and what could go wrong?"