- 1 Application Security Weekly Episode #108 - May 18, 2020
- 2 1. Interview - Using Rate Limiting to Protect Web Apps and APIs - 12:30 PM-01:00 PM
- 3 2. Interview - Highlights From The New Open Source Security and Risk Analysis (OSSRA) Report - 01:00 PM
Application Security Weekly Episode #108 - May 18, 2020
Subscribe to all of our shows and mailing list by visiting: https://securityweekly.com/subscribe
1. Interview - Using Rate Limiting to Protect Web Apps and APIs - 12:30 PM-01:00 PM
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - June 22nd-24th now a fully virtual event! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code!
- Join the Security Weekly Mailing List & receive your invite to our community Discord server by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list!
Rate limiting can be used to protect against a number of modern web application and API attacks. We’ll discuss some of those attacks, including Object ID enumeration, in detail, will demo an attack and will show how using rate limiting in our solution can protect against these attacks.
Jack Zarris is a Senior Sales Engineer with Signal Sciences. He has over 20 years of experience in the security industry, with focuses on web application and database security for on-prem and cloud hosted apps, product management, load balancing, and mobile device management and security.
John Kinsella - Vice President of Container Security at Qualys Matt Alderman - CEO at Security Weekly