From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded December 16, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- Attend RSA Conference 2020, February 24-28 in San Francisco, CA! Visit securityweekly.com/rsac2020 to sponsor an interview with us on-site at the conference or register using our code to save $150!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
Interview: Dave Ferguson, Qualys
API Security – finding flaws, fixing them, and creating effective solutions
Dave will discuss the issue of latent vulnerabilities and how they may linger in your custom-coded web applications and APIs, presenting an enticing target for attackers.
- QSC19 - Las Vegas, session videos: https://www.qualys.com/qsc/2019/las-vegas/
- Video: Web Application Security https://vimeo.com/140103157
- Web Application Scanning Data Sheet: https://www.qualys.com/docs/web-application-scanning-datasheet.pdf
Bugs, Breaches, and More!
- Binary Planting with the npm CLI is another way to describe one of our favorite attacks -- path traversal. Check out more details in the blog post as well.
If you build it, they will come
Learning & Tools
- Speculation & leakage: Timing side channels & multi-tenant computing from AWS re:invent. A great talk from a the perspective of a threat model where such attacks are a critical part of the threat model.
- How can we integrate security into the DevOps pipelines? By picking from many of the great resources in this article.
- Using CI/CD to turn ideas into software – quickly
Food for Thought
- Go passwordless to strengthen security and reduce costs -- and design your app to support these types of workflows, including account recovery.