From Security Weekly WikiJump to navigationJump to search
Application Security Weekly Episode 99 - 2020-03-09
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th at 11:00am ET with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from the Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming webcasts & trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
News - Application News - TBD
- Revoking certain certificates on March 4
- Gandalf: An Intelligent, End-To-End Analytics Service for Safe Deployment in Large-Scale Cloud Infrastructure
John Kinsella's Content:
Matt Alderman's Content:
- How Visa built its own container security solution
- 7 Cloud Attack Techniques You Should Worry About
- Comcast: Introducing DevSecOps at Scale
Mike Shema's Content:
- CVE-2020-0688 Losing the keys to your kingdom, which is why Multiple nation-state groups are hacking Microsoft Exchange servers
- Revoking certain certificates on March 4 and Why 3 million Let’s Encrypt certificates are being killed off today
- Gandalf: An Intelligent, End-To-End Analytics Service for Safe Deployment in Large-Scale Cloud Infrastructure and slides
- CISOs Who Want a Seat at the DevOps Table Better Bring Value
Interview: Guy Podjarny, Snyk - 6:00-6:45PM
|Guy Podjarny is Snyk’s Founder and President, focusing on using open source and staying secure. Guy was previously CTO at Akamai following their acquisition of his startup, Blaze.io, and worked on the first web app firewall & security code analyzer. Guy is a frequent conference speaker & the author of O’Reilly “Securing Open Source Libraries”, "Responsive & Fast” and “High Performance Images”.|