From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded January 28, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- RSA Conference 2019 is coming up March 4 – 8 in San Francisco! Go to rsaconference.com/securityweekly-us19 to register now using the discount code 5U9SWFD to receive $100 off a full conference pass! If you are interested in booking an interview or briefing with Security Weekly, please go to securityweekly.com/conferencerequest to submit your request!
- Join us April 1-3, at Disney's Contemporary Resort for InfoSec World 2019 where you can connect and network with like-minded individuals in search of actionable information. Visit https://infosecworld.misti.com/ and use the registration code OS19-SECWEEK for 15% off the Main Conference or World Pass. If you are interested in booking an interview or briefing with Security Weekly, please go to securityweekly.com/conferencerequest to submit your request!
- Check out our On-Demand material! Some of our previously recorded webcasts are now available On-Demand at: securityweekly.com/ondemand.
Interview: Jing Xie, Venafi
Bugs, Breaches, and More!
- Concerns raised about WordPress' new 'White Screen Of Death' protection feature
- Fortnite security issue would have granted hackers access to accounts
- Cyber researcher pulls public talk on hacking Apple's Face ID
If you build it, they will come
- Google Chrome changes could 'destroy' ad-blockers
- Mozilla is adding an Ad Blocker to Firefox Focus 9.0
- Websites can steal browser data via extensions APIs
Learning & Tools
- Dependency Check GitHub Action by Jerry Gamblin
- Sh00t - A Testing Environment for Manual Security Testers
- binctr - Fully static, unprivileged, self-contained, containers as executable binaries.
Food for Thought
- Security bugs are fundamentally different than quality bugs
- The dangers of the unibrow(ser)
- CommitStrip: It's not Magic