Revision as of 14:03, 10 July 2019 by Wheat Loaf
Recorded June 10, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Register for one of our upcoming webcasts with Bryce Shroeder and Barbara Kay of ServiceNow, Kevin O'Brien of GreatHorn, or Steve Laubenstein of Core Security (or all of them!) by going to securityweekly.com -> Click the webcast dropdown & Select Registration! If you have missed any of our previously recorded webcasts, you can find our on-demand library by selecting on-demand from the webcast drop down! If you attend any of our webcasts, you will receive 1 CPE credit per webcast!
- We're currently running our annual Listener Feedback Survey! Please visit securityweekly.com -> click the survey tab & select "2019 Listener Survey" to submit your responses!
- The new Security Weekly website is officially live! Visit securityweekly.com to check out all of our new sorting and filtering functionality! Please let us know if you find any issues or have any feedback by sending to email@example.com
- Paul will be providing his insights & predictions in the information & cyber security space at a local (ISC)2 RI Chapter Meeting on Monday, November 18th @ Gregg's Restaurant in Providence. If you would like to join us, go to securityweekly.com/isc2ri
Interview: Tanya Janca, Microsoft
Topic: DevSecOps and Securing Software Supply Chains
Bugs, Breaches, and More!
- "Waiting for the worms to come." -- Pink Floyd and RDP's CVE-2019-0708. Even the NSA warns about the population of exposed systems.
- A patch commands attention for mail servers
- Lookout finds a massive out-of-app adware
- NFC shows a capacity for attack against nearby Android devices
If you build it, they will come
- In macOS Catalina and iOS 13, Apples finds a way to find devices and not lose privacy
- iOS App Transport Security has strong benefits, but weak adoption
Learning & Tools
Food for Thought
- There’s a significant disconnect between DevOps capabilities and DevSecOps readiness
- Two misconfigurations and bug take down Google services, whose postmortem follows principles they extol