Recorded July 22, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Ian Eyber, NanoVMs (HackerHalted Speaker)
Ian Eyberg is the CEO at NanoVMs. He was handed his first slackware floppies in 94/95, told good luck and hasn't looked back since. Ian is a noted authority on the cross section of operating systems and security and is on a mission to upgrade the underlying infrastructure of the internet one box at a time.
Securing Application Deployment with Unikernels
Unikernels are an emerging trend in software deployment because of their isolation, performance and size. However they are still very much new so it's good to learn what benefits they bring and what their current drawbacks are. Listeners might be surprised to learn how many unikernel implementations there are and what organizations are actively using them.
Bugs, Breaches, and More!
- SupPy Chain Malware - Detecting malware in package manager repositories
- Attacking SSL VPN - Part 1: PreAuth RCE on Palo Alto GlobalProtect, with Uber as Case Study!
If you build it, they will come
Learning & Tools
- How I Could Have Hacked Any Instagram Account
- Tracking Anonymized Bluetooth Devices and Bluetooth Bug Enables Tracking on Windows 10, iOS & macOS Devices
Food for Thought