From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded September 16, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Jay Durga, CIRCOR International
The OWASP Application Security Verification Standard (ASVS) Project provides a basis for testing web application technical security controls and also provides developers with a list of requirements for secure development. The excel tool Jay Durga developed can be used to measure metric or as a guidance document for testing effectiveness of security controls put in place in your SDLC and DevOps process.
The excel tool can be downloaded from this GitHub page:
Bugs, Breaches, and More!
- Simjacker – Next Generation Spying Over Mobile
- Intel CPUs Vulnerable to Sensitive Data Leakage in NetCAT Attack and NetCAT: Practical Cache Attacks from the Network
If you build it, they will come
Learning & Tools
Food for Thought
- What is PSD2? And how it will impact the payments processing industry
- Better Together: Why Software-Development Toolmakers Should Embrace Integration