From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded June 17, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Jeremy Winter, Microsoft Azure
Topic: What CSOs & CISOs need to know about Azure + Cloud migration Tips + Mythbusting cloud security issues. This episode of Business Security Weekly will focus on what CSOs and CISOs need to know about Azure. Additionally, Jeremy will touch upon the best cloud migration tips and mythbust cloud security issues.
- The Trust Crisis In Business - In both business and our daily lives, concerns about data security, information credibility and the fishbowl of social media are climbing fast. Businesses know they need to address this trust gap. A lack of trust is a significant threat to an organization’s ability to grow, according to more than half of the CEOs surveyed by PwC in 2016. Last year, Harvard Business Review Analytic Services reported that nearly two-thirds of global senior executives believe trust among people, businesses and institutions is declining.
- Employee Engagement and Successful Change - Employee engagement is a crucial driver of several positive business outcomes, such as productivity, employee retention, customer satisfaction, and profitability. What’s often overlooked is the importance of employee engagement in driving successful change. Research by Anna University management professors C. Swarnalatha and T. Prasanna discovered a vital link between the two.
- 3 SHOCKING WAYS TO SHOW UP TODAY
- Take advice. Stop finding fault with advice. If advice won’t make matters worse, try it.
- Permission-giving hinders bold action. Teach people to stop asking permission and start declaring intention. Others are timid when you don’t trust their talent.
- Step back and allow others to act. The transition from being IN the spotlight to shining the spotlight is painful for some. Your need to be the center of attention prevents initiative. When you feel left out, STAY OUT!
- What Is Courageous Leadership - Courageous leadership is what every employee hopes for and what every company needs. A courageous leader guides their staff without stamping out creativity, they lead by example, and they stand at the helm of the company, giving everyone behind them confidence to do their jobs to the best of their ability.