Recorded July 1, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Edna Conway, CISCO
Topic: Security Challenges in the Global Value Chain.
- Mastercard CTO reveals must-have executive leadership traits, including:
- Good Judgement, especially with technology decisions
- Developing Great Talent
- Baldheaded Leadership - Baldheaded leadership is genuine and trust-building; courageous and transparent; not the flashy bravado that creates employee stories of heroism; and the reliable basic bond that makes employees feel confident, even gallant.
- The Next Three Cultural Dimensions Almost Every Organization Should Evolve, including:
- Intuitive, exploratory behaviors aimed at getting it right vaguely right fast and iterating (speed)
- More informal, verbal, personalized, open communication (boundarylessness)
- Broaden definition of doing good for others to include the entire human race (Corporate Social Responsibility)
- 10 Presentation Ideas That Will Radically Improve Your Presentation Skills, including:
- Save the best for last (and first)
- Change Modalities
- Create Interactivity
- Get a public speaking role model
- Get Creative with Color
- Fonts Matter
- Get an App
- Vocal Variety
- Work the Stage
- End with an exhale
- Want More From Generation Z? Mentor, Don't Manage Them
- 7 tech skills managers hunt for, including:
- Cloud security
- Cloud computing
- Cloud architecture
- Business intelligence and reporting services
- Database management
- Virtualization, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementation, DevOps (three-way tie)