Recorded July 8, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- Attend RSA Conference 2020, February 24-28 in San Francisco, CA! Visit securityweekly.com/rsac2020 to sponsor an interview with us on-site at the conference or register using our code to save $150!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
Interview: Mark Brown, ANSI
Standards Connect, ANSI's subscription-based model for access to standards
ANSI is a nonprofit that supports U.S. voluntary standards and conformity assessment and protects the integrity of these processes. One way in which ANSI helps to enhance the global competitiveness of US businesses and quality of life, is to provide access to standards for companies worldwide. Some companies find Standards Connect, a subscription-based platform for standards management, to be their best solution to search, access, collaborate, and manage the standards they need.
The page ANSI includes a video that summarizes Standards Connect features and benefits, and includes a free trial.
- Science + Ben Franklin = Life Lessons - Benjamin Franklin has radically changed the world and was one of the most productive, world-changing humans to ever live. What were his secrets:
- Challenge Yourself Intellectually?
- Help Yourself By Helping Others
- Choose Your Friends Wisely
- Schedule your day
- Start Today
- How To Brand Yourself As A Leader At Your Company - Not sure how to shift your leadership brand so it showcases your strengths and tells people you can run the show? Begin by adopting strategies that amplify your existing personal brand, including:
- Explore your voice.
- Upskill yourself—and your tribe.
- Spotlight your expertise.
- Request feedback.
- A Lesson In Leadership - Put your team’s concerns ahead of yours, and by so doing, demonstrate that you're a leader worth following.
- Break Out of Your Standard Patterns of Thinking - Push yourself to be more creative by trying out new approaches to challenges.
- How to Start a Speech: The Best (and Worst) Speech Openers - Never Start a Presentation with… 1) Anything technical!, 2) , Your nervousness or 3)A lackluster or non-believable nicety. I also recommend not starting by introducing yourself. Your bio is either in the program or will be ready by someone as they introduce you. Instead, Start a Presentation with... 1) A story, 2) A BIG idea, or 3) A quirky on-liner.
- Microsoft leads SaaS market, but others grab a slice - Microsoft owns about 17% of the enterprise software as a service market, with a 34% year-over-year growth.