Recorded July 8, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Mark Brown, ANSI
Mark Brown, Senior Director of Standards Connect
Mark Brown has been connecting companies big and small with standards for nearly 25 years. Mark Began at the American National Standards Institute, a nonprofit known as ANSI, in 2006 as director of standards subscriptions.
ANSI brought Mark on staff to develop a subscription-based model for access to standards. Licensing standards in this fashion proved popular, and the subscription model has seen tremendous growth. Mark is now known as the senior director of Standards Connect, which is ANSI’s standards-management solution for subscriptions.
Prior to joining ANSI, Mark worked at a for-profit company that some companies choose as their standards source.
At the start of his career, Mark was in Silicon Valley doing product development and product marketing.
Mark holds graduate and undergraduate degrees in business administration from California State University, Long Beach.
- Science + Ben Franklin = Life Lessons
- How To Brand Yourself As A Leader At Your Company
- A Lesson In Leadership
- Break Out of Your Standard Patterns of Thinking
- How to Start a Speech: The Best (and Worst) Speech Openers
- Microsoft leads SaaS market, but others grab a slice