Recorded July 15, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Eric McAlpine, Momentum Cyber
Eric McAlpine has spent over 20 years in the Technology industry as a strategic advisor to Boards, Founders & CEOs, a two-time founder, and award-winning engineer. He is a highly sought out speaker on the Cybersecurity market at major industry conferences, private events, and corporate gatherings sharing insights into M&A, capital markets, and industry trends.
Eric is a Founder & Managing Partner at Momentum Cyber a firm he co-founded in 2018 along with Dave DeWalt and Michael Tedesco. Momentum Cyber is the premier trusted strategic advisor to the Cybersecurity industry providing bespoke high-impact advice combined with tailored senior-level access from incubation to exit.
Eric is one of the top dealmakers in the Cybersecurity industry with a prolific M&A track record advising on and orchestrating deals with industry leaders such as ADT, Symantec, McAfee, Proofpoint, Mimecast, Hewlett-Packard, Acer, Amazon, CenturyLink, Google, Intel, and many more.
Prior to co-founding Momentum Cyber, Eric was Founder & Managing Partner of Momentum Partners, the precursor to Momentum Cyber. Earlier in his career, Eric served as a Managing Director with Blackstone where co-founded Blackstone’s Silicon Valley office and led the firm’s Cybersecurity advisory practice. In 2010, Eric was recognized by Steve Schwarzman with the CEO Star Award and featured along with a profile on one of his transactions in Blackstone’s 25th anniversary Annual Report for extraordinary contributions to the firm.
Eric began his Wall Street career at Salomon Smith Barney and Citi where he served as a senior member of the Enterprise Software Investment Banking team leading sector coverage in Security. Prior to a career on Wall Street, Eric served his country as a Captain in the U.S. Air Force where he was honored as the Military Engineer of the Year in 2000 for his engineering contributions to the Joint Strike Fighter Program, which included saving taxpayers $80 Million through an innovative stealth recoating design.
Eric earned an MBA with Distinction from Northwestern’s Kellogg School of Management where he was a 2-year Wade Fetzer Scholar. He also earned a BS Civil Engineering from Purdue University on an Air Force ROTC Scholarship as well as his MS in Engineering Management from the University of Dayton where he was a Dayton Area Graduate Studies Institute scholar – both full ride scholarships.
Eric lives in Ross, California with his family and is an avid world traveler, die hard Cubs fan, collects vintage vinyl records, and loves art, music, wine and fine food.
Topic: Security Money
This week we have our quarterly segment to review the money of security, including public companies, IPOs, funding rounds and acquisitions from the previous quarter. We also update the Security Weekly 25 index. Let's understand how the security market is doing.
- SCWX Secureworks
- PANW Palo Alto Networks Inc
- CHKP Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.
- SPLK Splunk Inc
- SYMC Symantec Corporation
- FTNT Fortinet Inc
- AKAM Akamai Technologies, Inc.
- FFIV F5 Networks, Inc.
- ZS Zscaler Inc
- PFPT Proofpoint Inc
- FEYE FireEye Inc
- QLYS Qualys Inc
- VRNT Verint Systems Inc.
- CYBR Cyberark Software Ltd
- TENB Tenable Holdings Inc
- SAIL Sailpoint Technologies Holdings Inc
- MIME Mimecast Ltd
- SOPH Sophos Group PLC
- CARB Carbonite Inc
- NTCT NetScout Systems, Inc.
- VRNS Varonis Systems Inc
- RPD Rapid7 Inc
- FSCT Forescout Technologies Inc
- RDWR Radware Ltd.
- CBLK Carbon Black Inc