Recorded July 29, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Todd Fitzgerald, CISO SPOTLIGHT, LLC
Todd Fitzgerald has built and led information Fortune 500/large company security programs for 20 years. He was named 2016–17 Chicago CISO of the Year, ranked Top 50 Information Security Executive, authored 4 books- CISO COMPASS: Navigating Cybersecurity Leadership Challenges with Insights from Pioneers (2019), Information Security Governance Simplified: From the Boardroom to the Keyboard, ground-breaking CISO Leadership: Essential Principles for Success, E-C Council Certified Chief Information Security Officer Body of Knowledge and contributed to a dozen others. Todd held senior leadership positions at Northern Trust, Grant Thornton International, Ltd, ManpowerGroup, WellPoint (Anthem) Blue Cross Blue Shield/ National Government Services, Zeneca/Syngenta, IMS Health and American Airlines.
His book, the CISO COMPASS: Navigating Cybersecurity Leadership Challenges with Insights from Pioneers
- Leading with Trust -
- Portrait of a CISO: Roles and responsibilities -
- 8 Skills All Leadership Trainings Should Teach Managers -
- What Boards Can Do to Prepare for Crises -
- Cybersecurity Risk: What does a 'reasonable' posture entail and who says so? -
- A call to end 'warrant-proof' encryption, but where does privacy protection fit in? -