Difference between revisions of "BSWEpisode139"
|Line 36:||Line 36:|
= Leadership Articles =
= Leadership Articles =
Revision as of 23:33, 11 August 2019
Recorded August 12, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Vanessa Van Edwards, Science of People
Vanessa Van Edwards is Lead Investigator at Science of People. She is the bestselling author of Captivate: The Science of Succeeding with People. Vanessa shares tangible skills to improve interpersonal communication and leadership, including her insights on how people work. She’s developed a science-based framework for understanding different personalities to improve our EQ and help us communicate with colleagues, clients and customers. She works with entrepreneurs, growing businesses, and trillion dollar companies; and has been featured on CNN, BBC, CBS, Fast Company, Inc., Entrepreneur Magazine, USA Today, the Today Show and many more, now including Security Weekly.
Segment Topic: Leadership and Communication
Outline of Interview:
- Leaders want to be successful, what are the "6 Secrets of Success"
- As a leader, what's my body language and how do I improve it:
- "Body Language of Leaders"
- "Myths About Body Language"
- "Confident Body Language Boosters"
- As a leader, I need to know "How to Increase Your Influence"
- Finally, as a leader, I need to know "How to Capture an Audience by Using the Body Language Secrets"
- CIO interview: Simon McNamara, chief administrative officer, RBS Group
- Warren Buffett’s “2 List” Strategy: How to Maximize Your Focus and Master Your Priorities
- HOW OUR BRAINS DECIDE WHEN TO TRUST
- For board of directors, cybersecurity literacy is essential
- Efficiency vs. effectiveness in business: Which comes first?
- Lack of IT leadership fuels IoT trial failures