Recorded August 19, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
- 3 Traits Of Successful Entrepreneurs - These 3 character traits define a business leaders' decision-making process:
- Do you have the heart of a champion?
- Are you a genius?
- Do you have the cojones?
- MISERABLE LEADERS SPREAD MISERY - Miserable leaders spread misery everywhere they go. Enjoy leading or get out of leadership.
- 4 Ways To Gain Power And Use It For Good - Power is a dynamic present in all of our relationships and it’s one we need to properly manage to help our relationships develop to their fullest potential. Enduring Power Comes from:
- Expressing gratitude
- Telling stories that unite
- WHEN INNOVATION AND TRUST ARE AT ODDS - Manic innovation occurs when companies fail to balance growth with risk management. It relieves constraints and speeds along the innovation process while transferring or increasing risks to stakeholders. In order to see how manic innovation happens, we need to understand the process of organizational drift. This term refers to the slow and gradual evolution of the way in which the organization functions — strategy, culture, processes, governance, and so on — to attempt to reach goals that cannot be achieved through normal and legitimate means.
- 5 Reasons to Never Compromise on Punctuality - It’s actually worth it to arrive on time...
- It shows you’re committed.
- You’ll never miss anything.
- It’s something that both colleagues and supervisors appreciate.
- You’ll earn more respect.
- It’s actually better and less stressful for you too.
Interview: Jessica Johnson & Amber Pedroncelli, Global CISO Forum (HackerHalted Speaker)
At EC-Council, Amber manages EC-Council's CISO program, which has three components: CISO Events, the Certified CISO (C|CISO) certification program, and CISO Resources – a repository for white papers and articles geared toward infosec executives. To grow the CISO program, Amber manages the overall marketing strategy, oversees the processing of applications and payments, works with boards and committees to ensure the content of the program is current and appropriate for high-level executives, and the many other components of running a large program.
Ambers experience prior to EC-Council was in Supplier Diversity and Small Business Programs. Achievements included building a stronger program at HDR and CU by increasing meaningful opportunities for the small and diverse business community, increasing the recognition of the program internally, and unifying purchasing policies.
Global CISO Forum and Hacker Halted
We'll be discussing our upcoming conferences.
hackerhalted.com and https://ciso.eccouncil.org/portfolio/global-ciso-forum-2019-atlanta-ga/
Jessica has been with EC-Council for 5+ years and has grown the conference division through her partnerships with ISSA, OWASP, ISACA, ISC2, etc. Jessica is the main point of contact for sponsorship opportunities and looks forward to another successful Hacker Halted!
Hacker Halted is EC-Council's premier IT Security Conference held in Atlanta annually. Hacker Halted gathers 1400+ Information Security Professionals in two days of Exhibiting, Breakout Sessions, Live Hacking Demos and Keynotes!