From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded August 19, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- Attend RSA Conference 2020, February 24-28 in San Francisco, CA! Visit securityweekly.com/rsac2020 to sponsor an interview with us on-site at the conference or register using our code to save $150!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- 3 Traits Of Successful Entrepreneurs - These 3 character traits define a business leaders' decision-making process:
- Do you have the heart of a champion?
- Are you a genius?
- Do you have the cojones?
- MISERABLE LEADERS SPREAD MISERY - Miserable leaders spread misery everywhere they go. Enjoy leading or get out of leadership.
- 4 Ways To Gain Power And Use It For Good - Power is a dynamic present in all of our relationships and it’s one we need to properly manage to help our relationships develop to their fullest potential. Enduring Power Comes from:
- Expressing gratitude
- Telling stories that unite
- WHEN INNOVATION AND TRUST ARE AT ODDS - Manic innovation occurs when companies fail to balance growth with risk management. It relieves constraints and speeds along the innovation process while transferring or increasing risks to stakeholders. In order to see how manic innovation happens, we need to understand the process of organizational drift. This term refers to the slow and gradual evolution of the way in which the organization functions — strategy, culture, processes, governance, and so on — to attempt to reach goals that cannot be achieved through normal and legitimate means.
- 5 Reasons to Never Compromise on Punctuality - It’s actually worth it to arrive on time...
- It shows you’re committed.
- You’ll never miss anything.
- It’s something that both colleagues and supervisors appreciate.
- You’ll earn more respect.
- It’s actually better and less stressful for you too.
Interview: Jessica Johnson & Amber Pedroncelli, Global CISO Forum (HackerHalted Speaker)
Ambers experience prior to EC-Council was in Supplier Diversity and Small Business Programs. Achievements included building a stronger program at HDR and CU by increasing meaningful opportunities for the small and diverse business community, increasing the recognition of the program internally, and unifying purchasing policies.
Global CISO Forum and Hacker Halted
We'll be discussing our upcoming conferences.
hackerhalted.com and https://ciso.eccouncil.org/portfolio/global-ciso-forum-2019-atlanta-ga/
Hacker Halted is EC-Council's premier IT Security Conference held in Atlanta annually. Hacker Halted gathers 1400+ Information Security Professionals in two days of Exhibiting, Breakout Sessions, Live Hacking Demos and Keynotes!