Difference between revisions of "BSWEpisode143"
|Line 29:||Line 29:|
= Leadership Articles =
= Leadership Articles =
Revision as of 13:46, 16 September 2019
Recorded September 16, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Chris Bush, ObserveIT
Chris is a dedicated and passionate security professional with more than 20 years of IT security industry experience. Chris is responsible for ObserveIT’s information and operational security strategy. His prior experience includes serving as VP of Security Service at Cybereason where he built and operated a Managed Detection and Response service. In his prior roles Chris spent 13 years at Novartis Pharmaceuticals where he served as Head of Security and was responsible for information security, risk, and security operations. During his tenure at Novartis, he spent several years managing internal investigations within the Ethics & Compliance division, held position as Director of a global Detection & Response team, and worked within the Legal department as an Associate Director of e-Discovery. Chris has also held senior technology positions at Ricoh Corporation.
Chris holds a B.A. Degree in Forensic Psychology from John Jay College of Criminal Justice and in his free time, enjoys expressing his creativity by drawing and painting.
Investigating the Insider Threat
- Why So Many Companies Fail at Strategy — and How to Fix It
- 8 Things Leaders Do That Make Employees Quit
- The changing role of the CIO
- Communication structures of an organization
- How to Rehearse for an Important Presentation
- 10 Steps To Get Started In Cybersecurity Careers: What High-Achievers Do While Others Don’t