Recorded October 7, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Ty Sbano, Sisense
Ty Sbano is an Information Security leader with over 13 years of experience, mainly in Financial Technology organizations. Currently, Ty is the Cloud Chief Information Security Officer at Sisense, who acquired Periscope Data in May 2019. Ty’s career has been focused on developing application and product security programs for Capital One, JPMorgan Chase, LendingClub, and Target. Key areas of knowledge include developing security champions, threat modeling, secure code training, static code analysis, component analysis, dynamic analysis, penetration testing and red teaming. Ty’s security mentality has been concentrated on enabling engineering and product teams to securely move at the speed of the business to make it a competitive advantage. Ty graduated from Penn State University with a B.S. in Information Science & Technology and from Norwich University with a M.S. in Information Assurance. He currently holds a CISSP, CEH, CCSK and CPT. To learn more, please visit – tysbano.com.
- The 5 Enemies of Trustworthy Leadership - For leaders, trust is a must, but trust is under attack. What are the enemies of trust?
- 5 Things Leaders Do That Stifle Innovation - In 2018, the U.S. slipped out of Bloomberg’s top 10 most innovative countries for the first time. But this isn’t necessarily a hint of entrepreneurship’s demise; it’s a reflection of the tumultuous environment. In our study examining productive and counterproductive behaviors of 41 entrepreneurs, we found that it’s far more crucial for managers to focus on what we call “derailers” when selecting and coaching their teams. The most detrimental, and common, derailers we identified in our study are:
- Unconscious neglect
- The Highest Performing Teams Have These 4 Mindsets - Our research and experience has shown that high performance teams exhibit a mindset that sets them apart from low performing teams. A mindset is a set of beliefs or a way of thinking about something. High performance teams are defined by four key mindsets:
- Teams Need Clarity Above All Else
- Teams Embrace Conflict in Order to Grow
- Teams Thrive on Trust
- High Performance Teams Lead Themselves
- The Remote Worker’s Guide to Work–Life Balance -Studies show that people who work remotely are more productive per day, clocking a full 6–9 productive hours. That means they’re twice as productive as the office workers who are productive an average of 2–3 hours per day. However, this boost to productivity comes at a cost, and its true source has a dark side: Remote workers and freelancers might be more productive because they unplug from work much less. Here's a few tips to help maintain a proper work-life balance:
- Schedule out your week according to blocks
- Only run work apps at certain times
- Unplug from work for at least 5 hours per day
- Digital tools interrupt workers 14 times a day - The constant chime of digital workplace tools including email, instant messaging or collaboration software interrupts knowledge workers 13.9 times on an average day, according to a survey of 3,750 global workers from Workfront.
- 'What's your purpose?' Big tech's 7 favorite interview questions - Here are questions candidates will have to face when looking for a job at some of the leading names in tech:
- A sense of purpose
- Career pathing
- Favorite mistake?
- Times of change
- In search of resiliency
- When questions become stories
- The concept of success