From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded October 7, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020 and click the register button to register with our discount code!
- Attend RSA Conference 2020, February 24-28 and join thousands of security professionals, forward-thinking innovators and solution providers for five days of actionable learning, inspiring conversation and breakthrough ideas. Register before January 24 and save $900 on a Full Conference Pass. Save an extra $150 by going to securityweekly.com/rsac2020 and use our code to register!
- Our next webcast is February 13th with Sri Sundaralingam, Vice President, Product and Solutions Marketing at ExtraHop where we will discuss Cloud Native Network Detection and Response! Register for our upcoming webcasts by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Ty Sbano, Sisensetysbano.com.
- The 5 Enemies of Trustworthy Leadership - For leaders, trust is a must, but trust is under attack. What are the enemies of trust?
- 5 Things Leaders Do That Stifle Innovation - In 2018, the U.S. slipped out of Bloomberg’s top 10 most innovative countries for the first time. But this isn’t necessarily a hint of entrepreneurship’s demise; it’s a reflection of the tumultuous environment. In our study examining productive and counterproductive behaviors of 41 entrepreneurs, we found that it’s far more crucial for managers to focus on what we call “derailers” when selecting and coaching their teams. The most detrimental, and common, derailers we identified in our study are:
- Unconscious neglect
- The Highest Performing Teams Have These 4 Mindsets - Our research and experience has shown that high performance teams exhibit a mindset that sets them apart from low performing teams. A mindset is a set of beliefs or a way of thinking about something. High performance teams are defined by four key mindsets:
- Teams Need Clarity Above All Else
- Teams Embrace Conflict in Order to Grow
- Teams Thrive on Trust
- High Performance Teams Lead Themselves
- The Remote Worker’s Guide to Work–Life Balance -Studies show that people who work remotely are more productive per day, clocking a full 6–9 productive hours. That means they’re twice as productive as the office workers who are productive an average of 2–3 hours per day. However, this boost to productivity comes at a cost, and its true source has a dark side: Remote workers and freelancers might be more productive because they unplug from work much less. Here's a few tips to help maintain a proper work-life balance:
- Schedule out your week according to blocks
- Only run work apps at certain times
- Unplug from work for at least 5 hours per day
- Digital tools interrupt workers 14 times a day - The constant chime of digital workplace tools including email, instant messaging or collaboration software interrupts knowledge workers 13.9 times on an average day, according to a survey of 3,750 global workers from Workfront.
- 'What's your purpose?' Big tech's 7 favorite interview questions - Here are questions candidates will have to face when looking for a job at some of the leading names in tech:
- A sense of purpose
- Career pathing
- Favorite mistake?
- Times of change
- In search of resiliency
- When questions become stories
- The concept of success