Recorded October 14, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Merlin Namuth
Merlin Namuth is a former CISO. Namuth has over 24 years of IT experience with the last 21 years focused in security. His experience includes building and running numerous security programs, program management, managing incident response teams, computer forensics, compliance, architecture, and engineering complex security solutions. Namuth serves on the cyber risk advisory board at Pepperdine University where he also guest lectures. Merlin serves on the Board of Directors at iEmpathize, a nonprofit organization focused on educating people about human trafficking. He has presented at several conferences, including RSA both domestically and internationally.
CISO Role and Experience
- The Two Big Reasons That Digital Transformations Fail
- How to Know What to Prioritize at Work
- DevSecOps model requires security get out of its comfort zone
- Leaving Comfort Zones
- 3 things CIOs should discuss with the CEO to optimize cybersecurity
- Meet the CIOs of today: Resumes vary while scope widens
- Gartner: How to succeed as a CIO with a non-IT background