From Paul's Security Weekly
Recorded October 14, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020 and click the register button to register with our discount code!
- Attend RSA Conference 2020, February 24-28 and join thousands of security professionals, forward-thinking innovators and solution providers for five days of actionable learning, inspiring conversation and breakthrough ideas. Register before January 24 and save $900 on a Full Conference Pass. Save an extra $150 by going to securityweekly.com/rsac2020 and use our code to register!
- Our next webcast is February 13th with Sri Sundaralingam, Vice President, Product and Solutions Marketing at ExtraHop where we will discuss Cloud Native Network Detection and Response! Register for our upcoming webcasts by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Merlin Namuth
CISO Role and Experience
- The Two Big Reasons That Digital Transformations Fail - Digital Transformation is the future of business, which is why we've spent over $100B between 2016 and 2018. But the expected results fail to materialize. Why?
- Unspoken disagreement among top managers about goals
- A divide between the digital capabilities supporting the pilot and the capabilities available to support scaling it
- How to Know What to Prioritize at Work - 5 Strategies to Help You Focus on the Right Things:
- Choose your Tasks Proactively, Don’t Let Them Choose You
- Pick the Tasks that are Important, not just Urgent
- Choose the Tasks that are related to your GOALS
- Choose the tasks that make other things on your To-Do list OBSOLETE, FASTER or EASIER
- If you are still unsure what to focus on, pick the task that makes you the most UNCOMFORTABLE
- DevSecOps model requires security get out of its comfort zone - Three tips from a software developer turned security consultant:
- 'A light touch'
- Risk-based security strategy
- DevSecOps chops
- Adjust IT governance according to the business
- Business-driven quantitative risk measurement
- Business collaboration first; then, compliance comes naturally
- Meet the CIOs of today: Resumes vary while scope widens -
- Gartner: How to succeed as a CIO with a non-IT background -