Difference between revisions of "BSWEpisode151"
|Line 36:||Line 36:|
= Leadership Articles =
= Leadership Articles =
Revision as of 15:07, 10 November 2019
Recorded November 11, 2019 at G-Unit Studios in Rhode Island!
- Join us at InfoSecWorld 2020 - March 30 - April 1, 2020 at the Disney Contemporary Resort! Security Weekly listeners save 15% off the InfoSec World Main Conference or World Pass! Visit securityweekly.com/ISW2020, click the register button to register with our discount code or the schedule button to sponsor a micro-interview!
- OSHEAN and the Pell Center are partnering together to present Cybersecurity Exchange Day on Wednesday, March 18th from 9am-3pm at Salve Regina University in the beautiful Newport, RI! Visit securityweekly.com/OSHEAN2020 to register for free and come join in the fun!
- We have officially migrated our mailing list to a new platform! Sign up for the list to receive invites to our virtual trainings, webcasts, and other content relative to your interests by visiting securityweekly.com/subscribe and clicking the button to join the list! You can also submit your suggestions for guests by going to securityweekly.com/guests and submitting the form! We'll review them monthly and reach out if they are a good fit!
- Our first-ever virtual training is happening on March 19th @11:00am ET, with Adam Kehler & Rob Harvey from Online Business Systems Risk, Security & Privacy Team. In this training you will learn how to generate a complex SHA-256 hashed password and then use password cracking tools to break it. Register for our upcoming trainings by visiting securityweekly.com, selecting the webcast/training drop down from the top menu bar and clicking registration.
Interview: Brendon Macareg, Signal Sciences
Brendon Macareg leads product marketing for Signal Sciences, which protects the web presence of the world's leading brands. Prior to Signal Sciences, Brendon led product marketing for CrowdStrike Services, the incident response and professional services division of CrowdStrike Inc. Prior to CrowdStrike, Brendon spent several years at Symantec leading product marketing efforts for both the Norton consumer brand of information security products and Symantec's enterprise mobility and endpoint management solutions. Prior to Symantec, Brendon managed online product development across a variety of verticals from event ticketing to travel and consumer-facing technology companies.
Developing an Effective AppSec Security Program
Focus on the people, processes and tools a dev team needs to put an effective security program in place. Discuss how to improve listener's current program and tooling to develop, release secure code and proactively protect their apps in prod. Four potential key tactics or areas to cover:
- Prioritize visibility into the most critical attack types
- Develop appsec metrics and KPIs
- Methods to prompt safe coding by default
- How to be your org's security champion
- 5 questions with Cisco's CISO
- The CIO role, from IT operator to business strategist
- Less than one-quarter of companies are innovation leaders, report says
- Making the case for integrated risk management
- Gartner: The time is right to make IT a boardroom issue
- Gartner's strategic tech trends for 2020: Part 1, augmenting skills
- Gartner's strategic tech trends for 2020: Part 2, computing moves to the edge